Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
They are pretty close to me. But the shipment of the track is coming from the manufacturer. Who the hell knows, might come directly from China.
If it's manufactured by Makita it could be coming from Buford Ga. Is where they do their US manufacturing. I think it's their distribution hub as well.
I'd like to know when you get it if it's straight and where it came from.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
Won't know til I need to use it.
Well you need to do a sacrificial cut to trim the antisplinter rubber on it.. so trim the rubber and let us know:whistlingAre you using a festool saw on it?

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
Hopping on board the rear handle cordless bandwagon.... Hope it's a good place to be

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
I love mine too, I work her hard and put her away wet and she fires up the next morning:thumbsup:! Ive had mine 2 years now,,:blink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
Picked up a Makita 3ah battery today for $58. The Home Depot employees were very surprised at the $72 discount they had to give me :laughing: I'm trying to decide between the DTD170Z and the 154 impact drivers. I don't feel like I need the upgrade, but it's made in Japan and currently on for $130. So I'll probably pick that up this week as well.
The DTD170Z is a nice one , it's called the XDT12 here in the states. It is very strong.

Reactions: shanewreckd

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
Any good finds for pencil sharpeners that won't break the lead? How about ones capable of both round/flat.

So many renovation jobs I've come across the old hand crank pencil sharpeners in somebody's basement or attic and I kept one I keep in the garage it's awesome to this day.
The lead in the pencils these days suck.
:whistling:whistling

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: asevereid

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
Dirty my man. The green colliated are grabber right?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Yes they are Grabber. It's a big steel housing project i'm on now. We use all kinds of screws and the different screws come on different color strips. They are not all green, in fact only those 1¾" screws are green.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
My smallest is the 4a but I imagine three smaller amp would be fine, especially being able to charge the dead one.
I use the 2.0ah battery because it hangs on my bags all day long.

Attachments

Reactions: META

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,976 Posts
Yeah...couple guys have converted theirs to cordless...gonna try to as well.
I use the cordless with out the pogo stick. With a 6.0ah battery it puts in a ton of screws. My screw gun has a setting where it is only on when you press it down to drive the screw saving the battery a lot.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts