Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
was about to say. how the hell do not own one yet..... then i saw the trade title.... hahaha

its a good tool. I like the variable speed trigger on it.

Haha yea I am a bricklayer and when I installed new hardwood floors in my house years ago I used my trusty sawzall to cut the door trim.....let’s just say it’s real purdy at a 45 degree angle! LOL someday I’ll fix it, but my chimney has needed Tuckpointing for a few years now so I better get to that first

I Used it a couple times now and agree I like the variable speed trigger as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
That's cool. Dont need one, but I want one.

Milwaukie is falling way behind on new stuff lately.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Considering this is my 6th concrete saw i would say that i dont “need” it either!!

This will be nice to bridge the gap between my gas saws and grinders plus i do alot of cuts in weird positions and this little guy is nice and light

I would say that dewalts flexvolt stuff is definitely a game changer for me. As a mason contractor I need all the big heavy duty stuff and dewalt has an edge with this line and I think Milwaukee definitely has an edge on the smaller more specialized tools

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
These darn sales are costing me a fortune! Couldnt pass this up with the st patties day special with $100 off the concrete saw with 2 9ah batteries and a free flexvolt sawzall

I think im the first on the forum to get this little saw...haven’t seen anyone else post one

I promptly put the little saw to work today cutting out brickwork for a door company to install a new slightly larger door and will say that i am totally impressed with the saw. Plenty of power, well balanced and it is nice not having to fire up the gas saw.

Obviously this is not going to replace the gas one for heavy duty stuff because the battery will have its limits but for quick sporadic cuts this thing is great. It will be really nice when working on scaffolding as well

So far i give it two thumbs up

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I do want to try out the maki. my flexvolt 6ah batteries on the 7 inch saw was disappointing had to change the battery building a 10 foot wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but my understanding is if you are running a flexvolt tool at 60v then the battery is really only a 2ah battery @60v

But if on a 20v tool then its a 6ah battery

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Well after years of being a yellow tool line only user i broke the mold and went red....I really like this switch tank water supply set up for my saws from the videos and everything I read online so i am back to a dual platform. Figured that the additional sprayer tank would come in handy as well since ACME had a $100 off Milwaukee sale it was only an additional $60

Hey at least the color matches my truck now!

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
What exactly is that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Milwakee m18 switch tank, it has three different tank options with a battery power operated base/backpack.

I bought it mainly as a self contained water supply for my concrete saws so i can wet cut and not have to worry about securing a water source or hand pumping a water tank

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I wonder if you could run volatile chemicals through it? Maybe use it for spraying stain on fences etc.

I bet TWP would clog up the tank. I'm going through two pump sprayers with every 5 gallon bucket of that stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The grey tank is made for concrete stain and sealers..... it can run some chemicals but I did read online that others clogged it up, it’s a little on the pricey side so I would be a little cautious and I wouldn’t experiment too much...

I mainly purchased it for a water supply for concrete and brick cutting however it is supposed to be a really good sprayer for pesticides, weed killers and such

I actually bought the extra tank for using grass and weed killer around my house

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I had a chance to mess around with it today and i am really impressed with it so far

The tank and the backpack assembly are your typical Milwaukee heavy-duty so I believe it will hold up to a lot of abuse and it seems like everything is very well thought out. Battery compartment is sealed with a pack out style lock and latch

The pump is on demand so when you close the water valve on the saw the pump stops automatically so it doesn’t drain the battery. Plus it has 5 settings so you can fine tune the flow so everything doesn’t get soaking wet with too much water

On the top of the tank has a one-way valve so as you use product it doesn’t create a negative pressure in the tank however it doesn’t allow water to slosh out

For me the only thing that might be annoying is the backpack straps because I won’t use it as a backpack that often so I have to figure out a way to strap them so they’re not flopping around

Here is a nice combo of red and yellow

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Actually upon further review no snippin is necessary since milwakee Already figured it out and the backpack straps are held on with heavy duty Velcro and can easily be taken on and off

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
This reminds if something...

Ever see some pick ups where they look like the chassis between the cab and bed broke? Caved in.....

How does one do that. I've seen multiple times. I have picked up pallets of roof shingles and other heavy loads you would have to be really stupid

Usually Happens When loads are dumped onto pickups from a payloader

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Bought a Milwaukee Axis heated jacket this week. Sick and tired of being cold and wearing too many layers. HD had it $30 off, just more incentive.

Let me know how you like it, I’ve been eyeing that jacket for when I work at the railroad, it gets mighty cold hanging on a metal train car when it’s 7° when you are cruzing around the yard going 10mph

Thought it might be kinda nice to have a jacket with a little heat

1 - 20 of 59 Posts