Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
A color laser printer was the best money I’ve ever spent on anything in the office.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-LaserJet-...ocphy=9021725&hvtargid=pla-434583820939&psc=1

The ink (TONER) lasts an average of 2000 pages regardless of time. And unlike all of the inkjets, they don’t dry out and the printer won’t force you to replace them when they’re full just because of an expiration date.

Granted, it was $400 to buy. And then when it’s time to refill all of the ink cartridges at once that’s another $400. But that only comes once a year. I like to think the amount of time I save by not fooling with it and running to the store and banging my head against the desk is worth it.

It also works wirelessly, scans beautifully, copies wonderfully, and will fax as well but I wouldn’t know about that. I can also send something to the printers email and it will print it no matter where I am in the world.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on this box to carry around downspout. Was going to use 6” round PCV with end cap kit but figured I saved money building my own shelves so I bucked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You couldn’t just strap them to the top of your ladder?
I don’t wanna hear any chit about that’s where the dog likes to lay this time. Haha
Have you ordered decals for it as well?
I’m kidding. Also, I’m drinking lol.

It’s like you got money to burn! Looks good.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
The one I use is 3Kw. That's why I said 300 watts is cute.

It'll be fine for what you are using it for. You could even run a laptop or a small tv on it.

I use mine for running tools off the back of my truck. Nice never to have to find an outlet.

:w00t:
https://youtu.be/syV2LkGpQB0
Cute huh? I had to remove the seat to install the batteries and this 6000 Watt inverter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Anyone ever use Grizzly forstner bits?

Mike.

I don’t always need drill bits. When I do and they fail it could shut down the job. Hanging downspouts on a brick house can quickly test your patience.

Sure I can take a shortcut and hang the downspout straps with masonry nails but I’ll just be coming back after the first windstorm to rehang new ones because they rolled down the street and got all banged up.

I almost dance when I break a bit knowing I have dozens of his brothers on the truck. If 1/4 inch masonry drill bits become currency I’ll be rich.

Don't suggested that I switch to Sds either.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I have the version without interchangeable heads.

If you run it for awhile, the motor gets hots and it automatically shuts itself down to prevent damage.

Pisses me off to no end. 8ts a common complaint. Hopefully the fixed that in the new version.
I’ll report back when the rain stops. I’m going to throw a 9.0 battery in it and go for broke. My M18 blower has been trouble free for 2 years or so now.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Big Orange has stepped up their game. Last years ‘sale’ was weak. Knocked 2 guys off the gift list. Stoked about the batteries, $129 for all three.

Would have got another few but it’s limit 2 per customer and I got the last one. I’ll check back first thing in the morning when they open because it’s been my experience that’s not true.

I hired the kid of the guy that runs the hardware department and he’s known to stash things for me.fingers crossed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
The 2732 is the one I got. I got 8 amp battery free with it, I haven't used that one yet. If the 12 is a beast I'll probably got that route but I'll report back on the 8 after I try it.

That battery is 3.35 POUNDS.
No way am I putting that on a 10 pound saw. Definitely not climbing ladders with it.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I used it a lot today, cut 2x4, 2x6, 3/4 plywood. I like it. I should've taken the Diablo out of my corded saw but that was too much work. I'll pick up some better blades and 2 of the 12ah batteries. I'll look into the rapid chargers too.
Buy a new Diablo blade and you might find you no longer need the big battery.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I've heard good stuff about the Milwaukee 7 1/4" and it looks nice. I have almost all Milwaukee cordless but all small/wimpy batteries. My theory is 1 platform for both 7 1/4" and miter saw- buy with batteries so I have a good spare(s); I was pretty sad the Milwaukee miter saw sucked so much for this reason.

Was about to pull the trigger on Makita but then the 40v thing.......
Your issue is most likely the small batteries. It comes up a few times a year on this forum. Especially when cold weather hits. The general consensus is you need at least 5.0 batteries to get your moneys worth. On the other hand, almost everyone hates the HEAVY 12.0 batteries unless you’re using the chainsaw.

i’m just trying to help you make your mind up/spend your money instead of mine. 😂 Home Depot allows returns on batteries. Check their website or customer service for how long you have in your area. It will be money well spent if you’ve never tried the higher capacity batteries.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts