Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3314 Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right, we've talked about it long enough so I think it's time we organized ourselves and held a virtual meeting. Here's what I'm proposing; at the end of each week we come to this thread and confess our "sins" for the week. We are a sick lot us "tool buyers" and I think it will help knowing that we aren't alone and there are others like us out there! I'll go first...

Hello, my name is Terry and it's been 12 hours since I bought my last tool. This past week I purchased a used 1/2" Dewalt hammer drill for $55 (it's used so I don't think it should count!) and new tool belt (I really needed it and it was one with the built in back support so I don't think that should count either since it should really be classed as a medical purchase).

Whew, that feels better getting that off my chest. I'll just sit down now and turn the podium over to...
This thread is a continuation of the original TBA Meeting.
https://www.contractortalk.com/f40/tba-meeting-tool-buyers-anonymous-6536/

·
World's Tallest Midget
725 Posts
I bought a DeWalt dust extractor. No, I don’t have a picture at the moment.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I bought a bunch of Milwaukee bits and a distance laser measure.

Didn't get any pics.

Bought a 2 pack of fastback and have already lost one ****!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I know my man card may be in doubt now, but I was baking something and didn't have a mixer. Wow, now it is no longer in doubt. I think I lost it.

At least it is Black and Decker

I know, that doesn't help much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I know my man card may be in doubt now, but I was baking something and didn't have a mixer. Wow, now it is no longer in doubt. I think I lost it.

Chocolate chip cookies?

What is that thing?

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,653 Posts
Picked this up for$ 100 today, even though don't do a lot of plumbing was to good of a deal to pass up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,246 Posts

Way I look at it, baking and cooking is just another excuse to buy more tools.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,653 Posts
I'll start this off.

HD had this rapid charger and 5a battery for $99. The battery alone costs more than that typically.
After awhile it gets to the point of just how many chargers does one really need.

Was looking at the M12 screw gun 1/4 chuck , $ 59 for the kit compared to 54 for the drill, but already have 3 chargers.

·
Contractor
7,280 Posts
After awhile it gets to the point of just how many chargers does one really need.
I had two chargers crap out on me a while ago and I have bought quite a few tool only buys with no battery or charger, so the rapid charger will end up in the truck plugged into the inverter so I can charge quickly while working.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Picked this up for$ 100 today, even though don't do a lot of plumbing was to good of a deal to pass up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
$100 ?!?!? That's a good deal even for a used set. I just bought the Dewalt version and it should be here in a couple days. I'd have gone Milwaukee if I could've found any used ones here that weren't going for almost the same price as new.

1 - 20 of 3314 Posts