Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
We go after a lot of things. Boats, Cars, fab co., powdercoating shops, fire damage, small parts from local hobbie shops, school departments (buses, snow equipment and grafitti)

I just started going after construction co. (and town equipment) dump trucks and equipment.

I have a Q: I was asked if I could strip a musical insterment. like a brass horn or saxaphone???

They usally dip them in a acid or something, then re-dipped for the coating. I hear that it is really exspensive to have done ????

this guy I house paint with, wants it stripped and powder coated. has to be stripped, if there is to much paint it will make sound funny.

thought this might be another market

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
I played trombone growing up, the brass instruments are good gage metel.
soda would be the way.

I told him that the valves and pads would not last and would have to be replaced. I may ( for the Go Green show) do my old bone just to see.
but if it didn't work, I'd be out $1500.

Growing up I used to see stripped instruments and wondered how they did that.

it was before powder coating, and they would just claer coat it just enough so it would not tarnish.

Now with all the translusent powder coat colors maybe it would pick up some interest ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.