Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Nice.

Reminds me of a lawn I looked at once. 60 y/o lady told me it takes her about 45 minutes, so bid accordingly.

Instead of a bid, I offered her a job instead. I told her if she could do that yard in 45 minutes, she could work circles around me, and I would gladly pay for that kind of help.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I guess you won't be able to add any traveling time for that project.

I tried working for a condo association a couple years ago.The mentality of this poster is about how all the boards are run.
I told them that I would least need one days work to make the trip there profitable.

The paperwork on bidding/pricing procedures turned the biggest time consumer.All the board members had their own opinions on how to do things,and the management firm needed copies of everything before,during and after completion.,new contracts for every repair,and then had to schedule around owners/occupants availibility.
I did one project,got paid three weeks later and never answered their calls again.

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
So at fifteen dollars an hour my bid is 7.50. I provide all supplies. Leave it realll clean to boot. All joints taped with bondo and wet sanded with diamond carbide chipmunks. (Their puffy cheecks sucks upp the dust bunnies).

·
Registered
685 Posts
So at fifteen dollars an hour my bid is 7.50. I provide all supplies. Leave it realll clean to boot. All joints taped with bondo and wet sanded with diamond carbide chipmunks. (Their puffy cheecks sucks upp the dust bunnies).

Chipmunks work for free?:blink: or do they get first dibs on the HOs nuts:w00t:

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
Here is a funny ad on CL

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/trd/1322833389.html

This guy wants to tear down a house and build a new one for $50 or less per ft2, I told him I could do it if we used cardboard.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/trd/1322833389.html

Can A New House be Built for $50 SF or less (Clearwater)

Date: 2009-08-12, 8:34AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Have an older home we want to knock down and build a new home...About 1200 SF and were hoping to find a contractor for about $50 sf or less. Is this possible and can you do it? Thanks

• Compensation: Full Building Contract
  • This is a contract job.
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 1318974632

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's $60K. Would it be possible to do a poured concrete building for that? No drywall or nothing. Think along the lines of a 1200 sq ft bunker.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,736 Posts
He probably has some napkin sketches already drawn up. Two stories, fancy roofline, bump out windows, full cellar, paver driveway. What do you mean it's gonna cost me $200/sq ft?

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
That's $60K. Would it be possible to do a poured concrete building for that? No drywall or nothing. Think along the lines of a 1200 sq ft bunker.
You still have demo, plans, permits, plumbing, electrical, roofing, windows, etc.

There is no way he can get it built for $50 a ft2.

A slab is going to be $5 a ft2 minimum and then the add on for the footers, that is 10% of his budget already.

The guy must be spending all of his money on good weed, because he is definately smoking something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts