Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
5,841 Posts
The hardest thing I find with the shorter ones is they're small for my hand and they break not too far out, so even when I don't need them, I use 25' and more.

· Registered
4,222 Posts
Framing, large layout, general exterior I'll use a 25-30' Tape.

Finish Carp, Cabinetry, Interior 16' Stanley. Especially for hanging rock, the small tang fits the stanley knife perfect.

· Registered
362 Posts
At one point I had bought five of those Fatmax double packs. So like others have said I use a 16' for interiors and finish carpentry and 25'-ers for exterior work.

Seems like I have broken a lot of 25's doing stupid stuff... like dropping one on a roof - three stories up. Those things really take flight when they hit the lip of the gutter... must have pitched it 35 feet outward... right in the middle of the street.

· Registered
5,841 Posts
I agree, but I think Stanley makes a 16' that has a 1'' blade
OK, you're blowing my system. I've got a tape in the bags I'm wearing, in the set of bags at home, in the glove boxes of both trucks, probably also underneath a seat in one of them, in a tool bucket, inside the house in a drawer where I throw my keys, and I'm sure one in the garage.

So they all need to be the same..... ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.