Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I find the material for the exams, trade and business? Where do I find the books to study from and use during the tests? Anybody know?

thanks, j(broward county)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, no i was almost about to give up when i posted my first post, then i found it after i made the post. anybody take the tests here in florida? any tips?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I passed the test last December and did the paperwork myself. I thought I was detailed enough but i missed several things and it ended up taking 3 months to get my license. You need to use the buzz words and give all the information you can. I would recommend using a service if you want your license quickly. the state seems to enjoy prolonging the process.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes, the forms are long and complicated, and must be accurate. My opinion is if you can't fill them out correctly, you probabily should not be in business anyway. Compared to some of the other stuff you have to do, especially in commercial construction, these are typical forms.

My feeling was the test itself was more "tricky" than hard. READ THE QUESTION. What the question specifically asks for may not be what you are reading. The test assumes "construction in heaven". There's no waste, etc. When you screw drywall to a stud, I KNOW every screw is exactly at 6" (or 8" or whatever) on center. Remember 6-1/2" is NOT 6".

When you calculate payroll taxes, the question may be how much are you as the employer required to send to the IRS. You are required to send your share AND the employees share, even though you withhold the employees portion. Both amounts will be one of the answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts