Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The realtor did the virtual tour. I've heard that it doesn't look like 1,720 sqft from the outside from a few people. We will see how it sells, I may have to add a dormer so it's obvious there is a second floor.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ken, I did have a pro photographer come in to do photos. You are right, I need to get off my azz in the marketing department. All of the referrals I've had the last two years have made me complacent.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
That's a nice spec house! Much nicer than some of ones I work on.

Just curious ..What do the lots go for In that division?

Here, A home like like that In a high end division would sell for $200,000 tops.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I 'M a big fan of detached garages,allows the home to express it's style way better than attached.:thumbsup:

With the garage set back,it immediately allows the house to "say" a person lives here. Whereas,a snout garage says to the public,"a car lives here".

Nicely done !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
fjn said:
I 'M a big fan of detached garages,allows the home to express it's style way better than attached.:thumbsup: With the garage set back,it immediately allows the house to "say" a person lives here. Whereas,a snout garage says to the public,"a car lives here". Nicely done !:thumbsup:
I remember an architect who kept promoting that, saying it's better detached and you can landscape around it. Never made sense to me having to walk outside when you have a foot of snow. I don't know, seems like the house speaks the same thing either way :) Some people like it, some don't.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Well,I already tipped my hand,I'M a big fan of detached garages. With that said,here are some of my reasons as to why. Aesthetically aside,a detached garage allows better and additional window placement to living space,absolutely no chance for noxious fumes (gas oil,C.M etc.) from migrating to living space. Chance of fire spreading to home diminished(garage fires are quite prevalent). Also,burglars love attached garages,most garages are relatively easy access I.E. service door,window,or simply activate door opener. Once in garage,they close door,go to work on door to home,load up truck completely undetected,drive off !

The elimination of those concerns seems a fair trade off for the periodic inconvenience experienced.

Again,nicely done !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.