Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a hvac or plumbing problem. I have a t kjr at home that is acting up. I have the digital read out remote installed but it is not giving me any error code. When you open a tap the unit kicks on the fan, you hear the gas valve clunk, and the igniter fires and you see flame in the window. It then shuts down and repeats this over and over with no code displayed to indicate a problem. I have cleaned the inlet filter, removed the flame sensor and cleaned it and tested the high limit fuse for continuity. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I would think there is a section for an error code somewhere on the appliance. For the moment, lets assume the setup does not come with a trouble code, there are three safety checks: Flame proof, water-flow, and proof of ventilation. If you know how to use a multi meter, you can check out the various safety switches to make sure they are doing what they should.

If not, perhaps your situation is a blocked flue pipe or condensate drainage? These are a couple of simple things one can check.

·
Expeditious Member
29 Posts
Not that I know anything, but two of my nephews had these in their duplex. The problem that they had was on well water. The coil clogged up from liming or calcification action. Eventually the entire pipe sealed shut in the heater section. The heating section of pipe is a very small diameter and

Prior to this, there is a little tiny eansy weansy filter in the bottom of the unit that must be cleaned out. It really is too small for well water without a pre filter. When that little filter clogs up you will have limited water flow and it will cycle similar to what you are experiencing.

They went through warrenty replacements until the warrenty ran out. Then they got a better unit that did not say Takagi on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts