Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the wearability of nylon tactesse carpets? One installer says the denier of the fibers are finer to make the carpet softer and it wears out quickly. Also, what is the minimum density, twist and weight a carpet should be?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Over all I have noy had one complaint on that rug and I have installed a coupla miles of it ( our salesguy loves it.) It is a great bedroom carpet as it is very soft.

As far as minimum wieght and density that is pretty much a price point ,so you have to ask yourself where you need to be pricewise and get the best you can afford.

As far as twist goes ,in my opinion that is an asthetic thing. The heavier ,or more, the twist,the less you will see footprints.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
A soft yarn is no different in durability as a hard yarn of equal twist and density. That has been proven.
Half of all high end carpets are soft yarn now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nylon Tactesse carpet is a stronger, much softer form of nylon. Nylon tactesse contains smaller, more densely packed fibers that create a softer feel while at the same time being much more durable. If you can afford the added price of nylon tactesse we highly recommend it. A carpet containing nylon tactesse will retain its texture longer than a standard nylon carpet.

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
Nylon Tactesse carpet is a stronger, much softer form of nylon. Nylon tactesse contains smaller, more densely packed fibers that create a softer feel while at the same time being much more durable. If you can afford the added price of nylon tactesse we highly recommend it. A carpet containing nylon tactesse will retain its texture longer than a standard nylon carpet.
You really needed to bring back a 5 year old thread? :blink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts