Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Money Maker
Joined
·
852 Posts
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a pissing match but I'm sure it will.

I have an iPad 4 and I love it. I would recommend it to anyone. It does everything I need it too. I'm constantly using it plus I have an iPhone which is synced together I with my iPad. Makes keeping notes, pictures, ect easy. I've used it countless times to show clients kitchens or baths I've done to help me close sales.
 

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
Joined
·
909 Posts
If you want a tablet that will do everything you need get a surface tablet. I have the iPad1,2,3 and they don't do 10% what the surface pro tablet can. Yeah they are little more money but vastly better in almost every way.
and if there is no wifi?
 

·
Contractor of the Month
Joined
·
26,075 Posts
I tried but it was to inconvenient, but I use my note two every day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
We have an Ipad 4 that is on our plan. A big boost in making you look professional in this technology driven world. Definitely looks better at least partnered with your notepad!
 

·
Money Maker
Joined
·
852 Posts
Seems some of us are recommending actual tablets like the OP asked and others are referring to tablets that are truly more like laptops.

To the OP you need to decide which is best for you. For me I like the tablet for sharing ideas with the client, taking notes, keeping in schedule with my calendar and much more. However I tend to go towards a desktop for actual paperwork. Sure having a tablet that is a PC might be easier but for me I can't shake using an actual desktop over a laptop. Kinda weird as I like using a phone and tablet haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,403 Posts
SDel Prete said:
Seems some of us are recommending actual tablets like the OP asked and others are referring to tablets that are truly more like laptops.

To the OP you need to decide which is best for you. For me I like the tablet for sharing ideas with the client, taking notes, keeping in schedule with my calendar and much more. However I tend to go towards a desktop for actual paperwork. Sure having a tablet that is a PC might be easier but for me I can't shake using an actual desktop over a laptop. Kinda weird as I like using a phone and tablet haha.
just because a tablet has specs the same as a PC it dont make it any less a tablet. Use a iPad for a month then a windows tablet and come back. You wouldn't ever step foot back in a customers home with a iPad.

To me using a iPad over a windiws tablet would be like using a kindle e reader over a iPad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,365 Posts
just because a tablet has specs the same as a PC it dont make it any less a tablet. Use a iPad for a month then a windows tablet and come back. You wouldn't ever step foot back in a customers home with a iPad.

To me using a iPad over a windiws tablet would be like using a kindle e reader over a iPad.
Depends on what you are using them for. I love iPads. They are smooth and reliable. I have my doubts that PC based tablets will have even 1/5th the reliability of an ipad.
 

·
Money Maker
Joined
·
852 Posts
BCConstruction said:
just because a tablet has specs the same as a PC it dont make it any less a tablet. Use a iPad for a month then a windows tablet and come back. You wouldn't ever step foot back in a customers home with a iPad. To me using a iPad over a windiws tablet would be like using a kindle e reader over a iPad.
I'm not saying it's any less a tablet. I'm saying if your not going to use it as basically a PC it would be money wasted. It all comes down to what your using it for. It's a tool and they each have a purpose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,403 Posts
EricBrancard said:
Depends on what you are using them for. I love iPads. They are smooth and reliable. I have my doubts that PC based tablets will have even 1/5th the reliability of an ipad.
Why would they be less reliable than a iPad? Is this the same thinking that Apple Macs are better quality than PC's and last longer. We all know that's a urban myth which no apple user can back up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,403 Posts
SDel Prete said:
I'm not saying it's any less a tablet. I'm saying if your not going to use it as basically a PC it would be money wasted. It all comes down to what your using it for. It's a tool and they each have a purpose.
I really can't think of a situation no matter how simple or advanced we here a windows based tablet is not better.

The problem is I have used both for work and still own both so I have already figured out what's better overall and trust me its def not the iPad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,365 Posts
Why would they be less reliable than a iPad? Is this the same thinking that Apple Macs are better quality than PC's and last longer. We all know that's a urban myth which no apple user can back up.
I've never had a PC based product not degrade in performance within a 2 year period. Including my 2 year old $1500 Lenovo laptop I'm using right now. I'm pretty much done with PC after this one.
 
1 - 20 of 162 Posts
Top