Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just wondering what jobsite table saw some of you are raving about. Looking to replace my dewalt rack and pinion . Either another of the same or if there's. Better band for the buck. Any info appreciated.
(Used everyday )

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've got the DEWALT also. I haven't seen any others that I would consider better in the same price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same here, I have 2 of the dewalts and love em'. My brother has the bosch and it's a good saw, the dewalt is much better.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Another vote for the dw745 (or whatever the updated # for it is)

Ive got a Rosseau stand in the trailer for it if I need to rip really long or large things on site.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good to know the DeWalt is still popular. My last table saw, a DeWalt purchased about 2003/4, finally burned up on me this summer. I went out and bought the newer DeWalt with the rolling stand. Really like the fence.

·
Pro
404 Posts
Another vote for the Dewalt. The fence is the best I've found. If you are typically ripping 2x material an older rigid I used to have had a more powerful motor but its fence was not that great. Not sure if they've changed the fence in the last 6 years or so.

Bill

·
General Contractor
1 Posts
a dewalt's ability to micro adjust is great.

I've been wondering about skilsaw's new "worm-drive table saw." It looks like it's cousin, the bosch gts 10-31, but has a work drive motor. The more torque seems nice, but might not be necessary. I think it has a bigger rip capacity than the dewalt, and can hold dado blades too (if you use those regularly).

If only I could put a rack and pinion fence on it.....

·
Registered
17,162 Posts
My buddy is using the new Slik worm drive table saw and likes it. I' use the baby Bosch because it fitsin my van the best and has a nice handle to carry up stairs. The DeWalt has a better fence. It was just a lot bigger and bulky to pack in the van and to haul up and down stairs.

Attachments

Reactions: overanalyze

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
I also have the bosch GTS baby saw.

It's tiny, and that's why I like it, no other reason.
I've had it about 3-4 yrs now, and have been pleased with it up until this last 2 projects.

It's getting rough around the edges, showing it's age.

I won't replace it with the same.

I will either be getting the Big bosch, or the Skill Worm saw.

·
Pro or somethin'...
612 Posts
I had the Bosch 4000? the older one with the outfeed extension anyway. I loved it. the fence was dead accurate and the stand was great. Recently replaced it with a Makita. I'm no Makita fan but I chose it because it had outfeed and side extensions as well as 3 1/2" cut capacity. I rip lots of 4x4 posts. Not as nice of a stand as the Bosch and I've had a bit of trouble with the screws shaking out of it during transport but that might be due to it being a floor model (assembled by hardware store hacks). Otherwise I've been happy with it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Depends upon the jobsite. I have the dewalt and larger rigid and use both. Both have their trade-offs. I've used the larger DW and it was OK also. IIRC they changed some things from when the DWs first came out to the latter ones to cheapen it, which is why I wound up buying the rigid.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
In my perfect world:
Dewalt DW 745 saw for the rack & Pinion fence and small footprint
Bosch 4000 motor and a blade brake.
Rousseau stand.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts