Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My Dewalt job site table saw is coming to the end of its life. Starting to get a blade wobble under heavy load.

This is what I currently have.

My track saw has replaced it for the most part but I still use it a lot for flooring and occasionally for making bult-in door parts.

I want to keep it the same size but not sure if upgrading to cordless or a different brand would be better than just getting the same saw again.

I run M18 for my cordless so if I go cordless I would stick with that platform.

Suggestions

·
Registered
861 Posts
The next I get is going to be the Evolution Rage 5 I think they call it.

It is a multi-material portable table saw. It can cut about 1/4 mild steel and aluminum, wood with embedded nails, plastic all with the same blade.
And I am looking to get the 7-1/4" miter saw.

https://evolutionpowertools.com/us/
Their website isn't working very well on my phone but I saw they sell the multi material blade seperatley, I wonder if it is the right arbor size to turn any table saw into a multi material unit.

·
Eater of sins.
4,368 Posts
Their website isn't working very well on my phone but I saw they sell the multi material blade seperatley, I wonder if it is the right arbor size to turn any table saw into a multi material unit.
I believe that all the other table saws and miter saws would turn too fast for the multi-material blade.

There are a few things that seems to be kinda cheep with it, like the blade guard seems chintzy to me, the plastic handles look sheep also. The miter fence is plastic also and I don't much care for that but I can make my own for it. There is enough right with it so far that I want to try it.
Also, I think the arbor is 1".

Andy.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,476 Posts
Why not just get a Tenryu Steel pro blade, it cuts through anything.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The next I get is going to be the Evolution Rage 5 I think they call it.

It is a multi-material portable table saw. It can cut about 1/4 mild steel and aluminum, wood with embedded nails, plastic all with the same blade.
And I am looking to get the 7-1/4" miter saw.

https://evolutionpowertools.com/us/

Kind feels like it’s does everything but wouldn’t do anything great.

Im wanting something leaning more to finish/trim work.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
We used the larger DeWalt, for years. Don't even know, maybe 20 years. Recently we got the Flexvolt table saw. For the work we do, it has done everything we need, without a single issue.
I'm not saying it's a replacement for a corded saw, but so far it's replaced our corded saw. We still have it, in case we get into a job where we have alot of cutting to do.

Since you are running M18, I've heard good things about it as well. Of course jumping to a cordless is a leap, but we don't regret it at all.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I love my Milwaukee table saw- very light and cuts well. With my track saw, I don't even consider busting out my makita table saw anymore

-Rich

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
It needed a little adjustment to the fence to be square when I got it, but very accurate.

I think I tried to run it with a 5ah once, I'd go minimum 9 but usually have a 12 in it. Check for deals, I bought the saw with a battery and got another free - both 12ah

Couple other points:
The stand is an extra $100. It's sturdy, just annoying it doesn't come with it included

I don't love the steps to remove/ store the fence, it's just a little clunky to me. It's a great idea on how they store it, but it just doesn't flow for me when I need to set up or break down

-Rich

·
Eater of sins.
4,368 Posts
Well I ended up getting the Ridgid 4513 portable job site saw. Great price from the depot at $350.00 with the stand. I just couldn't pass that up.
I will be putting it together tomorrow.
The reason I got it is that I am getting back into doing finish carpentry and loving it. There seems to be a real crying need for good finish carpenters in the area.

Andy.

·
Registered
Remodel
26,676 Posts
Well I ended up getting the Ridgid 4513 portable job site saw. Great price from the depot at $350.00 with the stand. I just couldn't pass that up.
The reason I got it is that I am getting back into doing finish carpentry and loving it. There seems to be a real crying need for good finish carpenters in the area.

Andy.
Mike Rowe is proud of you.

·
Focusing on solutions.
5,406 Posts

Andy.
I've hated every rigid powertool I've ever bought. But my rigid tablesaw, it's a keeper & when this one dies, I'll replace it with another one. It's been abused & put away wet more times than I can count & keeps coming back for more. Best guess, I bought it about 8 years ago it's showing no signs of quitting yet.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Only rigid tool I ever had was the multitool.

It was great until the little goofy washer broke and they told me I could get one to replace it.

Never went back to them.

I do have a bunch of the totes, which are great. But they don't use power.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you feel like really throwing down some cash, you could give the SkilSaw worm drive table saw a try haha. I don't know when you'd really need that much power.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
first off ,any dull blade wiggles under enough load .if saw has a thin kerf this ability to wobble really increases .
there is also the the trick of dropping blade size down .reduce to a quality 7 1/4" blade . not saying the dewalt bearings are not going out but blades are generally the cause of this issue .
good luck .if you get a new saw hope it serves you well .
i have 30yrs on my makita 8" ,11 of those years it got alot of use . in a rouseau stand https://rousseauco.com/product-category/table-saw-stands/. gives me a very good fence and out feed .love it .very functional .

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
first off ,any dull blade wiggles under enough load .if saw has a thin kerf this ability to wobble really increases .
there is also the the trick of dropping blade size down .reduce to a quality 7 1/4" blade . not saying the dewalt bearings are not going out but blades are generally the cause of this issue .
good luck .if you get a new saw hope it serves you well .
i have 30yrs on my makita 8" ,11 of those years it got alot of use . in a rouseau stand https://rousseauco.com/product-category/table-saw-stands/. gives me a very good fence and out feed .love it .very functional .

I actually picked up a blade yesterday because I needed some decent cuts for some stairs and haven’t got a new saw yet. I have a fairly new diablo blade in the saw but got a diablo combination blade and it is way better. Maybe the last blade was bent from day one.

·
Super Moderator
10,482 Posts
I've hated every rigid powertool I've ever bought. But my rigid tablesaw, it's a keeper & when this one dies, I'll replace it with another one. It's been abused & put away wet more times than I can count & keeps coming back for more. Best guess, I bought it about 8 years ago it's showing no signs of quitting yet.
The shop vacs are also good. I have a Ridgid table saw in my shop with a granite top. I like it, but it seems a little under powered.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
I have been wanting a Milwaukie cordless tablesaw, but am really not sure how often I'd use it.

A cordless skilsaw with rip guide is faster and much more accurate, especially when working solo.

Been ripping a bunch of composite deck fascia and the rip guide is quick and spot on the whole way.

It doesn't matter if the fascia is bent, the rip guide follows along. I thought I'd use a track saw, but it isn't as accurate because if any bend in the boards.

Where a table saw us most useful to me is on small rips where I am only ripping a part of a board, or milling trim of course.

Still will probably get one, as I'd be the first on my block to have one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts