Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I’m new to the forums but not new to the industry.
Several months ago (6-9) I bought a Table saw (DeWalt) from Lowe’s. Works good Until lastnight. I removed the stock blade and installed two 60t blades to make some cuts for some joinery on cabinet doors. For some reason my blade doesn’t want to stay tight! It will keep working itself loose and from what I can tell it’s on the braking of the electrical motor. Not on startup or cutting. Anyone else experience this? The manufacture says it’ll run a Dado blade set to 7/8th my double blade is 3/16 and the weight is not near that of a dado setup at 7/8. Idk why or what the hell can cause the blade to constantly loosen. I loved DeWalt but they’ve been dropping the ball on their tools lately from my experience. Any one else experience this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
are you using regular 60t blades to make a dado stack? you cant do that. you need dado blades to do a dado stack. regular blades do not sit flat against each other to allow you to tighten them together properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you using regular 60t blades to make a dado stack? you cant do that. you need dado blades to do a dado stack. regular blades do not sit flat against each other to allow you to tighten them together properly.

Well you can do this, you just have to offset the teeth from each other. Which works well for a perfect 3/16 cut when you’re using 3/16 luon for the insert.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tell me about the spring washer. I had a Delta contractor saw, and now a Ridgid thats 20 yrs old, and neither had anything but a plain nut on the arbor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts