Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use T Bars for a commercial deck? I ask cause I'm bidding a pool deck that calls for them to be used to attach to a concrete sub structure then attach to the joist. Pool builder tells me it's to keep the joist off the concrete/drainage. Not sure where to look to purchase these things at, never seen anything like it at decking supply houses here.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T Bar ?

J.
That's what they are called on the plans. A T shaped bar with screw holes so it can be screwed to the concrete with tapcons & then screwed to the joist. They want positive drainage away from the pool, guessing this is how they are to accomplish that. I'd use those Bison deals but not enough room.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is for a second floor pool on an apartment downtown. The deck goes where the conrete is inset so any water can collect then go down the drains they have. I've never seen anything like it before & I've done lots of pool decks, none on a second floor tho. Should be interesting if I get it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
The only Tbar I've ever heard of was termination bar. Used for membrane roofing. Not what you're looking for.

·
Artist and not a curator
12,872 Posts
That's what they are called on the plans. A T shaped bar with screw holes so it can be screwed to the concrete with tapcons & then screwed to the joist. They want positive drainage away from the pool, guessing this is how they are to accomplish that. I'd use those Bison deals but not enough room.
Did something similar once and it sounds about the same. Archy says a word and magically it is a "thing" that's out there but up to you to read his mind.

Its something to keep the joist away from the structure? If so I used a commercial metal fabricator work something up off a drawing detail. Its in place of a bucket right? Damn architects and their +/- bs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts