Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Ruane Woodworks,LLC
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking that I might need to get some of these. I am looking for photo's of what you guys pack in there. They seem a bit steep, but if they work they would be worth it.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,641 Posts
Ask WarnerConstInc, he'll lead you the right way.

He has drunken gallons of the green koolaid.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Im thinking that I might need to get some of these. I am looking for photo's of what you guys pack in there. They seem a bit steep, but if they work they would be worth it.
I need to find a place that has them in stock so I can put my hands on them. They just don't look all that great to me when I look at them on line. People rave about them so there must be something great about them. They look like over priced plastic boxes to me:whistling

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
i have started using them and they seam to work great as they interlock together, and i have the ct 33 vac so they can be mobile! i have some of there tools so for me they work great for storing them! in my truck as they take up less space, and i can take 1 or 5 at one trip!:thumbsup:

try festoolownersgroup.com and there you will get a better apreciation of them!:thumbup:

·
I like Green things
23,018 Posts
The best thing is being able to build custom sets.

I am slowly putting non-Festool's in these boxes. It really cuts down on trips back and forth. I have been doing a bunck of drywall work now that it is cold out. I am able to put a drop cloth, drywall tools, and what ever else I need, in one sys 4 and I am even able to use it as a step stool to get the ceiling.

If you want to see some real creative uses go here:http://festoolownersgroup.com/ and seach for systainers.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
TBF, run fast, its to late for me:no:

DAMN YOU FESTOOL:furious: DAMN YOU TO HELL:furious:

i gotta post some more old stuff on craigslist to feed my addiction:laughing:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
:eek:...wow, I clicked that link and started looking around....I need to run away...now and fast before I get suckered in...

Yes you do.:thumbsup:

Purane,
what do you need to pack away.

I most likely have a Systainer kit for it.

I have kits for
Screw gun and screws
painting (brushes, rollers)
HVLP
Paint masking
drywall finishing
tile setting
Trim carpentry
laminate countertop installation
Window installation,
Plumbing
Electrical

other non festools
hilti grinders
hilti TE 7C
makita dustless diamond Saw

they totally change how you work.

I suggest you build a kit for one thing that you do alot of like screw kit.

Craig

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,641 Posts
Mine, more tools in it now, this was the first day.

·
Ruane Woodworks,LLC
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea Charimon. I mostly do trim so I will need a few boxes for my guns, glue hoses hand tools etc. I was looking at Mcfeelys and saw the screw kits in sortainers and I like it. I will put together kits for different tasks like drywall, kitchens etc... I just cant get a good grasp on what i will be able to get in a box or what size to get .

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
you can go to force machinery on rt22 in springfield,NJ they stock systainers there so you can feel them and eye them up!

But dont say we didnt warn you! their addicting!

i started with the screw sortainer, so now i have 2 of them one for brad nails, now i have like 6 of them, the 4 draw sortainer,systainer 4,2,etc. and not to mention the must have tool, the ts 75,or 55 !!:thumbsup:

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Pat,

Godwin has them in stock too.

FWIW, I've had them and sold them off. My personal opinion is that you can get other storage boxes for 1/5 the cost (if not less) that do the same thing.

The stacking feature is a downside for me. I hate having to play "Transformers" with all the latches to get to one damn thing.

I have one of those Fatmax rolling boxes the other guys are showing above and it is fantastic. For smaller parts, just buy the $16 yellow Stanley boxes at HD with the clear lids. I think I have five or six of them in the truck and have only good things to say about them too.

Festool makes cool stuff, but $100 for a plastic box? C'mon....They are just plastic boxes at the end of the day.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I need to find a place that has them in stock so I can put my hands on them. They just don't look all that great to me when I look at them on line. People rave about them so there must be something great about them. They look like over priced plastic boxes to me:whistling

http://www.festoolusa.com/default.aspx
hit where to buy
there is are shops in Brockton and Fall River listed

I just picked up a box with small bins, not in use yet so have not decided if worth the $ to me. The handle on top of the box is a bit strange with a single box, but if you gang up a few I see how it will work better.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Mine, more tools in it now, this was the first day.

When I first saw this thing in stores, I liked it, but I don't have a trailer...and lifting that beast into the back of my truck is not something I really would like to do....maybe when I get a trailer I will end up with something like that.

·
Time Traveler
233 Posts
:eek:...wow, I clicked that link and started looking around....I need to run away...now and fast before I get suckered in...
I spent two hours looking... Now I remember why I don't participate too much over at the FOG... But I do like my systainers and my slow but steady accumulation of them for my non-Festools and the one website sells parts...and Colours :jester: OK so I'm sucked in, but I still have a budget and the budget is the king...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts