Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I saw those at HD in the last couple of days. Kind of wondered how well they worked. I have a Rigid vac. small and pretty powerful, good for dw dust but noisy. I think it was like $60.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
The first lil 5 gal Shop-Vac brand vacs had metal cans that rusted out.

After a couple, we figured out that the head fit right on a fiver... Just like this

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
That looks perfect, I'll have to stop by HD and see if they carry it. I've been pretty impressed with the rigid vacs, and if Warner likes it, it must live up to the same high expectations as other Rigid vacs.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
When you can store it in the bucket I'll be interested, till then the little ridgid we use is 5.0 HP, smaller and works forever with any amount of abuse.

** But that does have a cool, neat-o factor to it. :thumbsup:

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,205 Posts
Saw those over the weekend. Looks chintzy, and since I have a good Ridgid, I curled my lip at it.

But I gotta admit, that's a sweet throw-away price.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
How's it work on water?

If its half decent on water I'm gonna get one for the dirty stuff! Having the ability to suck up liquids and carry out in a bucket sounds great! Instead of cleaning all the drywall dust out of my other vacs.

·
I like Green things
23,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How's it work on water?

If its half decent on water I'm gonna get one for the dirty stuff! Having the ability to suck up liquids and carry out in a bucket sounds great! Instead of cleaning all the drywall dust out of my other vacs.

Works great with water. Just take the paper filter condom off first.

I am telling you, this is genious, for 20 bucks!

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
I went to the store to see if they had one, and ended up buying one. The first impressions are good, and the noise isn't horrible. I haven't stuck it on a bucket yet, so I don't know what the suction is like, but the blower side certainly puts out a lot of air, so I have no doubt that it will have plenty of suction.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts