Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do mostly interior remodeling / handyman type work, but I recently got talked into doing a favor job for one of my regulars. In the back of his store there is suspended soffit that has started to fall. Basically there is a metal grid type system that looks almost like a heavy duty drop tile ceiling set up. The system is hung from wire that is fastened to the poured slab above. The J channel is then screwed into this grid system and the soffit is installed accordingly. The problem is that condensation from the refrigeration system above, has found it's way through the concrete and in 18 years has rusted through some of the metal components of the system. The only information I can pull off this grid system is "WESTLAKE CLASSIFIED"

My question to all of you commercial guys is where can I get more of this grid system, and can I buy it in small quantities? Do I have to use this brand or are other systems compatible?

Sorry to not have more details, but that's all I could find without ripping down all of the soffit.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Out here in the bankrupt state we call it T-Bar ceiling. Available from Commercial Hardware Houses and commercial lumber yards. Don't know what you are trying to match but we have sucessfully integrated different brands. You should be able to buy what ever quantity you need.

·
Registered
28 Posts
http://www.armstrong.com/commceilingsna/article18132.html

Check this link out it should help.

I use this system alot for hard ceilings. It installs just like a acoustical ceiling. Your local drywall supply house will most likely carry this pruduct.

Good Luck.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts