Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my latest project remodeling a Phillips 66 station into a Surfing/breakfast/ lunch diner.
It's actually on the historical register so we had to be sensitive to certain things we did on the exterior. But the interior was ours!!

Interior with real palm trees in the plant stands!!

Probably my most creative project to date:clap:
Aloha................

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks G ...it was fun.
All the square trim and table tops are made from 3/4" bamboo plywood.

.....at $350.00 per sheet!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was the beauty of the bamboo ply. No edging involved. If you zoom in, you can see the checkered core which is the final look. A cut, a light sand & poly. Batta bing Batta boom!!! It was awesome to work with.:thumbup:

All the counters are Concrete as well as the cones in the plant stands.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Cool! :thumbup:
Too bad they couldn't have used more
of the old "66" stuff in the decorations.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm trying to remember where that building is... Shelburne road? I grew up outside montpilier and used to live in burlington. Theres a lot more surfing going on here on the big island in hawaii though. Did a local guy do the countertops? Love the garage door style windows.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm trying to remember where that building is... Shelburne road? I grew up outside montpilier and used to live in burlington. Theres a lot more surfing going on here on the big island in hawaii though. Did a local guy do the countertops? Love the garage door style windows.
Shelburne road it is......

Right next to the Drunkin Donuts............

Aloha...............

·
Sawdust Sweeper
690 Posts
Pretty sweet! What was the biggest challenge in the whole project?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice work!

I dunno about surfing, but I found out a few years ago that Burlington has lighthouses. In 2005, I worked on a project with the company that built the replicas of the two Burlington Breakwater lights.
Who woulda thunk it was the #3 lumber port in the country at one time?

Which one of you guys was playing "Wipe Out" just now? :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
nice, i always thought those kinds of canopies were pretty neat. nice job cleaning it up and preserving it! Ill have to check it out next time im up that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts