Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What suppliers do some of you use? The majority of my work is satellite/cable & home theater work. I mainly use Perfect 10, Tech Tool Supply and of course MonoPrice but I'm looking for more suppliers. I'm really happy with Perfect 10 as they have a warehouse 20 minutes away from here so I can save on shipping & get parts in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What suppliers do some of you use? The majority of my work is satellite/cable & home theater work. I mainly use Perfect 10, Tech Tool Supply and of course MonoPrice but I'm looking for more suppliers. I'm really happy with Perfect 10 as they have a warehouse 20 minutes away from here so I can save on shipping & get parts in a hurry.

Very interesting. I took a look at those that you mentioned and it would appear that they are more web based stores. Except maybe the Perfect 10 like you say has a warehouse in Middletown. I guess that they are more geared to the sat/cable/home theater stuff that you do.

Have you checked their prices agains a wire distributor such as Windy City Wire?? I use Windy City for 90% of my wire based on quality, delivery, and price in that order of priority. But then I am buying mostly low voltage wire for security installs.

Have a good weekend.

Les

·
Low Voltage Contractor
98 Posts
I used to use RSI or DSI a lot for coax and Systems Depot for cat5 and other supplies. Now, when I can, I use this Russian dude that I have no idea where he buys from, but he must buy it by the boatload for his prices. All brand new and top quality.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have used ADI for the most part. Prices are competitive in Security and Fire materials. They handle most everything. Owned by Honeywell.

James

I disagree. ADI prices are high. And very high for the small dealer in comparison to others. I only purchase from them when I can't get it any where else. Such as Ademco products.

The straw that broke the back was when a mfg. tech support said that the price for a given item was dealer priced at $950 but I was quoted $1300 from ADI. When I called my contact and told her what I was told she said; "He should not have told you that." And after a minute on hold came back and said that they would match that price. At that point I already another distributor that gave me a quote of $950. ADI had little credibility with me and it will stay that way.

Hope this makes you think about your future purchases. What impact I had on ADI by making the decision I did would be equal to a single fly buzzing around my house. Annoying yes, bring down the house, never.

Good luck and have a good week.

Les

·
Registered
1 Posts
local suppliers are best.

I use ADI and Volutone. Both are local to me and i have gotten to know the people there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
we use two places one is a local supplier if I need to pick up something quick i go there and they give a decent discount bc of the field we are in. the other is where i get all my equipment from they own there own wire line....$150 for 500ft of speaker wire w/ a protective shielding.

A russian dude?!!? sounds like a tech that steals out of his warehouse. directv techs are famous for that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I probabaly shouldn't do this, but....... it's like putting candy in front of my 8 year old and asking him to sit still. I sell datacom & low voltage tools on my website. I'm new to contractortalk, however, I am a regular member at electriciantalk. Since Kevin said he was looking for new suppliers, I couldn't resist. I just hope Nathan dosen't mind this blatant plug.(no pun)

We carry Ideal products for datacom & low voltage. We don't have a retail location, so all orders are placed throught the website. Although we do have great ship times and can get things even the larger distributors can't.

Anyway, you can PM me, you can find us at electriciantalk.com, or at the link below.

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
I mainly use http://www.thehardwarecity.com because they have incredibly cheap supplies and they ship things right to me. I go to a few other suppliers, for things that I need to see in person, but most of my supplies I purchase from them. So far I have not had a bad experience, so I have no reason not to recommend them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.