Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if anyone else has run into this...was hunting up a gas valve (2 stage) today and all 3 local shops...which somehow all get their stuff from the same place didnt have any in stock...funny how all 3 have a wide range of prices...

but anyhow the supplier is closed for 2 weeks for inventory?? i talked the one place into letting me pay for it and drive about an hour and pick it up

·
Al Smith
2,392 Posts
Dont know if anyone else has run into this...was hunting up a gas valve (2 stage) today and all 3 local shops...which somehow all get their stuff from the same place didnt have any in stock...funny how all 3 have a wide range of prices...

but anyhow the supplier is closed for 2 weeks for inventory?? i talked the one place into letting me pay for it and drive about an hour and pick it up
TWO WEEKS! Are they nuts? or preparing to liquidate? Around here my suppliers inventory for one day!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Could be the price range is because you aren't a HVAC contractor.

Around here they will sell to a guy but if you aren't in the business then you pay thru the nose.

We have some guys around here who are franchised(?) handymen companies and they throw fits cause they can't get HVAC contractor prices on the occasional furnace repair.

When I was a kid a handyman was the guy the cheap skates called and that was the kind of workmanship you got too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt join this board to get bashed...if your bussiness is slow..thats your deal dont blame others..excuse me while i delete my account here

·
Registered
198 Posts
Was not referring to you.

I was talking about the jerks in my area that think just because they work cheap and know a little about the trades they should be entitled to HVAC contractor pricing. Which of course they are not entitled to because they buy too little and have not cultivated business relationships as honest, licensed HVACers do.

If you took it personal then that's on you.

Happy New Year any way.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
We have 2 ICP distributors here.
And they don't sell the same part at the same price.

Funny thing is. Which one sells the part for less, varies with the part.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
2 weeks is crazy it is usually 1day.

I just ask my hvac sub to get me the part, if I don't have him fix it. He has no problem with it then we just add it to the next bill. It doesn't happen often but 2 times a year I would say. Last time was my cuz needed a thermal coupler, i called my sub with the info. He called the dist. I picked it up and put it in.

Cole

1 - 9 of 9 Posts