Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience installing super silt fence ?? I know how it is installed, but I am looking for a estimated time per foot to install. I have 200' to install and I am guessing around 4 hrs with a hoe and 2 laborers.

·
Contractor
7,655 Posts
I have install some of that, not a lot but some and I would figure about the same amount of time also.
Only difference is I would get a trencher attachment for the skidsteer and use it in place of the backhoe.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have install some of that, not a lot but some and I would figure about the same amount of time also.
Only difference is I would get a trencher attachment for the skidsteer and use it in place of the backhoe.
Use what you got. I have a excavator, but no trenching attachment. No sense in renting one for 200'. Besides, I am putting this fence in something that resembles boulder field. Snake heaven.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Excavator???? What's that............I just recently hand dug a 90' trench about 10" deep by hand through a limited access backyard for a satellite TV cable in conduit......I would have gone deeper, but between all the rocks (this is why a trencher was out of the question) and the use of the area, the homeowner said 10" was plenty. Yet another case of using what you got.......a pick axe and a shovel:thumbup: I would love to have a mini mini excavator for projects like this, but it just wouldn't pay out.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excavator???? What's that............I just recently hand dug a 90' trench about 10" deep by hand through a limited access backyard for a satellite TV cable in conduit......I would have gone deeper, but between all the rocks (this is why a trencher was out of the question) and the use of the area, the homeowner said 10" was plenty. Yet another case of using what you got.......a pick axe and a shovel:thumbup: I would love to have a mini mini excavator for projects like this, but it just wouldn't pay out.
www.laborready.com

·
Registered
399 Posts
Very funny Rino!!!:laughing: Problem is those Labor Ready guys make more than I do...........or at least more than what the job was worth. The things you'll do for regular customers I guess.:thumbsup:

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The things you'll do for regular customers I guess.:thumbsup:
How bout it. One of our good customers wanted mulch spread around his house. We wheelbarrowed about 40 yds of mulch around his house. I was tempted to find some mexicans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts