Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am not trying to poke at you, but your info says soda blasting and remodeling. whenever I see someones site or info says they are a remodeler it screams we do a large array of projects, but we do not do one thing everyday to get the experience.

You must not have boxed your paint perhaps. My family has used BM for over 50 years, so I know the dove White color is a decent covering color, but at BM it is a standard color. Sw has to match the Dove White, so if you have 5,000SF thats means you have tons of in consistencies can to can. You need to box it all and make sure you do not throw away the 1/2 inch of paint in the bottom of the buckets because thats your pigment.

Cut and roll each wall at a time instead of doing the whole room cut in and whole room roll. That may help.
I dont understand this at all. Why would Sw have inconsistencies from one gallon to the next. They match the color once and then run the same formula for each can. Its not like they rematch every gallon they make. They also will shake each can so the pigment should not all be resting at the bottom unless it takes you 3 months to finish the job.

Ive noticed that lap marks and flashing are bigger problems in newer homes. Partially because of all the open rooms and light coming in but I believe alot of it is do to the new construction hack painters that dont use primers only 2 coats of flat. Great for them hell for the next guy that puts a sheen on.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You should have no problems with roller marks using Super Paint. If you're not mixing your paint properly you will though. Our routine for each gallon of paint is to first pour the paint out of the can, then put one inch of water in the can, shake well and pour that on top of paint. Stir well and start to paint, we do this routine with every gallon I use, whether I'm spraying, cutting in or rolling the whole wall. I'm a firm believer of cutting the paint to make it flow better, especially when cutting in using a brush. Are you cutting your paint properly?

·
Registered
109 Posts
You should have no problems with roller marks using Super Paint. If you're not mixing your paint properly you will though. Our routine for each gallon of paint is to first pour the paint out of the can, then put one inch of water in the can, shake well and pour that on top of paint. Stir well and start to paint, we do this routine with every gallon I use, whether I'm spraying, cutting in or rolling the whole wall. I'm a firm believer of cutting the paint to make it flow better, especially when cutting in using a brush. Are you cutting your paint properly?
Adding water is not cutting your paint properly and it is not going to help with roller lap marks.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts