Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting calls from a rep at Super pages .com. Does anybody have any info on them. As usual sounds too good to be true. Thanks

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I got a call from either super pages or online yellow pages this morning.

Douche - "Hi this is Billy Douche Bag, I just wanted to verify your information before we sent your invoice out to you this morning."

Me - What invoice is that?

Douche - "For your yellow page listing online."

Me - WTF are you talking about?

Douche - "You submitted your website to our online yellow pages and the one year free listing is up so I need to just verify your information to send you your invoice."

Me - "Uh... no. I don't think so."

Douche - "Okay but that means we will have to remove your listing."

Me - Okey Dokey D-bag!

What a bunch of jack asses. The old assumptive invoice close. :rolleyes:

·
Workin' Hard & Havin' Fun
1,763 Posts
Superpages is the online yellow pages for Idearc Media (Verizon). They're legit.
They get about 30% of the traffic of Yellowpages.com though (which is owned by AT&T).

But there are a ton of scammers offering other "yellowpages". Just ignore them.
~Matt

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got a call from either super pages or online yellow pages this morning.

Douche - "Hi this is Billy Douche Bag, I just wanted to verify your information before we sent your invoice out to you this morning."

Me - What invoice is that?

Douche - "For your yellow page listing online."

Me - WTF are you talking about?

Douche - "You submitted your website to our online yellow pages and the one year free listing is up so I need to just verify your information to send you your invoice."

Me - "Uh... no. I don't think so."

Douche - "Okay but that means we will have to remove your listing."

Me - Okey Dokey D-bag!

What a bunch of jack asses. The old assumptive invoice close. :rolleyes:
Yep i got the same thing, So i ended up hanging up on them and they called me for days and about 5 times a day, One of my voice message said "If you don't return are call we will have to terminate your online listing" Pfft now my business is going under because they don't have me listed anymore :laughing: pfft very well put douche bags!

·
Banned
669 Posts
Any body sign up to the "Superpages" Guarantee plan?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can tell you from my experience in talking to both customer and contractor that online directories don't work even if they are "spinning" them a different way. My clients have found they don't get the same bang for their yellow pages ad buck anymore because the user has changed what they look for.

Today's customer is wanting more information and a more personal message from the owner or company and directories cannot give this on a single page.

Spend that same ad $$$ on a well optimized fresh website or a PPC campaign and I think you will reach a more qualified customer.

IMHO :notworthy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts