Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At $4 mil for a 30 second spot, thats a lot of keep to earn. Where is the ceiling? Being a mid-corp sports fan, I am shaking my head at all the expenses that are required to be involved with the NFL.

I wonder how many commercials are promo shots for the up-coming network shows. Not a network engineer, but, I would venture to guess those are spots that did not get sold.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I am amused/entertained by them but not influenced in any way to buy or even consider their product.

·
Super Moderator
28,150 Posts
I could go for some WeatherTech

Reactions: JBM

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I could go for some WeatherTech
Good for the car. Hard on one's shoes. I prefer exact fit carpeted mats, even if I have to replace them occasionally.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I just finished seeing the half time "entertainment" and feel the cost of the ads is a bargain compared to the cost and effect of the half time sponsorship. Unfortunately, I had a huge screen TV with a great sound system and I kept waiting for something other than light flashes and garbled sounds but there were none.

Even a 10 year old clip of Janet Jackson's clothing mishap on stage would have been better

·
Super Moderator
28,150 Posts
I purchased some weather tech liners for my truck a few months back. No idea why I didn't do it sooner, especially with the rain,mud, snow we have.
Cool

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They have no problem selling all of the spots, so I guess they aren't charging enough.
Saw several commercials that were not $4 million ads (Blue cross of Idaho, Idaho lottery, several show promos, and local ads). If somebody is willing to spend the big money for that air time, Fox would have made it happen (I hope Blue cross didn't spend that kind of money otherwise a lot of locals are going to be paced).

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
What did you guys think of the Coca Cola ad? The one singing "America The Beautiful" in several languages. I thought it was cool, but now it's supposedly the most controversial ad and "too PC". Whatever. I liked it.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
MarkJames said:
What did you guys think of the Coca Cola ad? The one singing "America The Beautiful" in several languages. I thought it was cool, but now it's supposedly the most controversial ad and "too PC". Whatever. I liked it.
I just think a lot of USA born Americans are really getting fed up with the whole having to tolerate everybody while no one tolerates them.

I heard the Ad in the background but didn't really put two thoughts into it when I saw it. It's only a big deal because people are talking about it.

All I know is that my wife made me go out and buy a Clydesdale and Golden retriever puppy.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I kind of saw it as our "melting pot" honoring & celebrating America. Different languages were a way of highlighting our backgrounds - that's about it.

I definitely didn't see it as a political statement. Just a company burnishing an international brand.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I just think a lot of USA born Americans are really getting fed up with the whole having to tolerate everybody while no one tolerates them.

I heard the Ad in the background but didn't really put two thoughts into it when I saw it. It's only a big deal because people are talking about it.

All I know is that my wife made me go out and buy a Clydesdale and Golden retriever puppy.
You know what it is, for me anyways, if everyone wants to come here because the USA is so darn great then learn the language and take the frickin towel off your head and put on a pair of Levi's. Piss off with trying to make my country look like yours.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
JBM said:
You know what it is, for me anyways, if everyone wants to come here because the USA is so darn great then learn the language and take the frickin towel off your head and put on a pair of Levi's. Piss off with trying to make my country look like yours.
That's one way of putting it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts