Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use a couple suggestions for a replacement fan remote control kit. Something contemporary and solid, as opposed to flimsy white plastic. Thanks much.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,706 Posts
Some remote fans have the receiver built-in, and not an add-on type. If so, they may need a new fan.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,954 Posts
I've installed a fair number of kits like that, and I don't recall any of them having a controller that struck me as being particularly robust. I'd just have the client pick one out that has the look & feel he wants, and roll with it.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
:laughing:...how true it is...happened today.....a bunch of foul words came out directly after I flicked the switch..:laughing: Nothing's happening...:blink:

How true that is.....:clap:

But i still like them, just have to remember what's on and what's not....

Funny this post came up.....

I have 4 in my home...all on remotes....you know those little jumper settings they have....well......

When I use the remote to turn my office CFL on it shuts off the kitchen CFL and vise versa.....I have to change the jumpers........:rolleyes:.:laughing:

Life is never boring.....(at least for me)...:rolleyes:

B,

·
Sophisticated Siding Guy.
528 Posts
Same here. In the morning looking for car keys and can't turn on the light because of the remote. It's like road rage. :)

I'm getting rid of all mine soon. Problem is I have some expensive fans with the remote built into them. So it's not an easy pill to swallow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts