Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never happened before. All of a sudden I'm busy as all get out. Not complaining! 5 jobs to do in the next few weeks. 2 baseboard/casing jobs, 3 crown moulding jobs. I aint questioning it, just head down and ramming speed!

Two were referrals and the rest from my CL ad. I hope this continues!

I won't be able to keep up with the day time soaps LOL

·
Super Moderator
27,725 Posts
Its a good feeling.

Good for you.

·
Registered
819 Posts
enjoy it!

im dead slow....I have some builder work, but haven't had more than 1 homeowner call a week and all small jobs

im looking at a 80 hour month...Feb always sucks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here! Turning work away! Don't know about everywhere else but NYC really seems to be exploding. Need help. Hope it stays this way.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
It's steady but not crazy, small company thought so one call and I'm slammed.

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
Never happened before. All of a sudden I'm busy as all get out. Not complaining! 5 jobs to do in the next few weeks. 2 baseboard/casing jobs, 3 crown moulding jobs. I aint questioning it, just head down and ramming speed!

Two were referrals and the rest from my CL ad. I hope this continues!

I won't be able to keep up with the day time soaps LOL

Nice problem to have isn't it?:clap:

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice problem to have isn't it?:clap:
ya if this continues I might have to organize all of my bit's of wood that have my contacts name/materials lists on.

I have a buddy who has a mini-ipad and he pretty much runs his crew from that - hours, jobs, materials etc. seems to work pretty good for him. (concrete guy)

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
ya if this continues I might have to organize all of my bit's of wood that have my contacts name/materials lists on.

I have a buddy who has a mini-ipad and he pretty much runs his crew from that - hours, jobs, materials etc. seems to work pretty good for him. (concrete guy)

The good wife gave me a nice Microsoft Surface for christmas. I hook it up to my cell phone and make up an estimates and invoices on the spot. I email it as a attachment to the customers phone. I also use the "Square" on my cell phone for accepting credit card payments as well. I am still looking around for a printer that would work out in the cab of my GMC Sierra to make hard copies.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
The good wife gave me a nice Microsoft Surface for christmas. I hook it up to my cell phone and make up an estimates and invoices on the spot. I email it as a attachment to the customers phone. I also use the "Square" on my cell phone for accepting credit card payments as well. I am still looking around for a printer that would work out in the cab of my GMC Sierra to make hard copies.
That should be about any printer, just get a power inverter.

1,183 Posts
Mrmac204 said:

I never leave home without mine iPad does it all well the apps do. Slow here there's guys who are busy working working for squirrel food. So many bidding work likes it 1984.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That square thing seems to work pretty well. My son's landlady has one on her cell phone (she sells soaps at craft fairs) and she's quite happy with it.
I might go that way, (accepting credit cards with square) it could make a difference between getting a job and not.

·
Commercial Roofer
26 Posts
We use an HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer and like it very much. I believe we bought it from Best Buy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts