Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I use Festool Geckos Only because I had a pair and I needed a good set for some 20x20"s that I was working on. I will say that after using them for tile they are worth the $60 or so for that application.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I guess we should ask what application the OP wants to use them for. Power grips are awesome for carrying glass but would be a bad choice for setting large format tile as they take way too much time to lock down and the thin sealing rings would become easily damaged with mortar.

Reactions: mike d.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I have a few cheap single cups, I think they're Raimondi - work pretty good on smaller stuff. I have a handful of some four cup sets that I picked up at harbor freight of all places that work surprisingly well. Set 24"marble with them and maybe had maybe two or three slips on a 1700+' job. I love suction cups. Use them for everything from layout to back buttering.

Reactions: MIKE ANTONETTI

·
Tool Guy To The Stars!
116 Posts
We've been having a TON of success with these

The square base makes it easy to engage with one hand, so it gives you the ability to easily use 2 for large material. It does have a foam ring on it that allows it to be used on textured material. 110 lbs lifting capacity per cup. Definitely not bad for the price!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
We've been having a TON of success with these

The square base makes it easy to engage with one hand, so it gives you the ability to easily use 2 for large material. It does have a foam ring on it that allows it to be used on textured material. 110 lbs lifting capacity per cup. Definitely not bad for the price!
Those look cool Steve. I may have to have you send a pair or two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts