Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time I have a situation where I am going to need to sub some work. There's a renovation job I'm bidding on that the customer wants "popcorn" textured ceilings.

I've never subbed anything so I'm lost in this arena. As I understand it the sub gives me a qoute I then write that plus markup if any into the price of the quote I give to the owner. Are there any forms that would come in handy for subs as I have a feeling I may need to also sub some wallpaper out. I have general liabilty, I take it the sub will need to show proof of workers comp if there's more than two on the job.

Also I will need to give the sub a 1099 at the years end...right?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
378 Posts
our insurance company requires us to get insurance cert. from all subcontractors. we need to submit copys at yearly audit. if your g.L. is based on payroll be sure to have sub itemize material and labor separately.you do not have file 1099 if sub is incorparated.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Hey Humble, what estimating software are you using? I'm looking into the Paint Estimator Pro software. I tried the DevWave CRAP software allready...what a waste of money. I still use it by setting all it's costs to zero and just calculating my costs on my own because it gives me a decent looking print-out of the scope of work...but I'm drownin' over here with this thing, lol!! :Thumbs:

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
AAPaint said:
Hey Humble, what estimating software are you using? I'm looking into the Paint Estimator Pro software. I tried the DevWave CRAP software allready...what a waste of money. I still use it by setting all it's costs to zero and just calculating my costs on my own because it gives me a decent looking print-out of the scope of work...but I'm drownin' over here with this thing, lol!! :Thumbs:

I use the Craftsmen National Painting Cost Estimator. They sell a new one every year but once you buy it you can get free updates on the web whenever you want. It's not too bad... it took me a while to learn it and I did do a lot of customizing/tweaking of all the existing costbooks. Once you learn the program you can adapt it to your company pretty easily, or maybe I have adapted our company to it... either way it works pretty well for us.

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ProWallGuy said:
Donb, let me know if this happens, and I can get you in touch with some very good paperhangers in your area. :Thumbs:
Kevin,
I will definately keep that in mind. Thanks for the offer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts