Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just a little history....
We've been doing utility subcontracting for 25 years, and looking to branch out into CATV.

I've done a bit of work for a local comcast contractor and realized very soon, that a professional company with a history of solid relationships not only with its client, but also with it's employees, could be doing a MUCH better job.

This particular sub was unbelievably inept in dealing with its employees. This got me to thinking....

Our focus is: Collections, Disconnects and Sales.

We've hit a brick wall in finding contact information for any comcast person in charge of hiring subcontractors.

We have a presence in 22 states and are poised to take off.. so the state or region is irrelevant. We'd prefer to begin in the South East.

Any Ideas regarding Bids, Jobs or Contacts?

Thanks,
Mucho

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If they are anything like the cable companies here, they aren't going to pay a lot.. They pay piecework per job, regardless of how long it takes to do. There is a lot of turnover at the companies here who get subbed to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not looking into installations,
mainly requested disconnects, non-pay disconnects and equipment recovery.

Looking for contact people?

We have a pretty good idea on pricing, just need to know who to talk to

·
Synacom
61 Posts
You are in the same situation I am. There is a person out there who can answer all the questions, finding him or her can be a major problem and when you do it may be a dead end because there is a contract already in place with a national vendor. My greatest success rate comes from phone calls to the corporate office, people are usually willing to point you in the right direction. What you have to remember is even though the contractor is not doing the job as well as you would, there is only one phone call to make and one check to cut from the Comcast side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts