Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Toledo ohio it is really depressing to have to bid against hacks that bid so low just to get another beer that I am having trouble getting consitent work to keep my headabove water.
I am looking for a company in florida that has work to sub out,I have all my own tools,and just want to work without having to lower my wage to labor rates.
Is there anyone who is interested?
I do not want to labeled as a storm chaser if things work out then I will move there,all I would like is to work and get paid.
I find myself fixing sh*t around the house that don't need to be fixed ,thinking about putting in a shower in the basement(all out of boredom).
2 days ago I put up a fence .
I am spending more money when I don't work.
thanks
dave :cool:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Don't worry about that stormchaser lable, the people that use it have obviously not been through a widespread disaster. We went through two of them last Sept. and the forecasts say that there is still another 2 yrs. of work here until we get back to 'normal'. Think of it as helping put a shattered community back together.
Go where the money is. People in this country have been doing that since the Mayflower landed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To go down there and work is what i would like to do.
But to get work from a established induvidal who canpay me when I am done is what I need,right now I am not financialy set to wait for cash.Also I am not licensed in florida so I would have to do work for someone under there name until I can get my own ppwk in order with the state to start doing my own jobs.What money I do have I would leave with the g-friend so she is secure while I am working,also it would take cash to drive down there.So I would need to get right to work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ppmc said:
To go down there and work is what i would like to do.
But to get work from a established induvidal who canpay me when I am done is what I need,right now I am not financialy set to wait for cash.Also I am not licensed in florida so I would have to do work for someone under there name until I can get my own ppwk in order with the state to start doing my own jobs.What money I do have I would leave with the g-friend so she is secure while I am working,also it would take cash to drive down there.So I would need to get right to work.
Geez. I have a friend who lives in Ohio and has a great business with more than 30 painters on his books. You should look in your area and save some $$. It only costs about $300 to drive to Florida. If you want my bud's number let me know.. I will see if he needs help

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
There are different kinds of customers.
The ones that fall for the hack's bids and the one's who won't touch em.

You need to try to scope out YOUR type of customers. Sound's like Premier's friend has done just that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts