Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 6-0 x 6-8 opening and looking to use four 1-6 by 1-3/8 door panels. Louvered. Has anyone done this.

Stronger track and hardware recommendations. Tips.

She does not want a bottom track.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
The ones that I used had hinges similar to regular door hinges, top pins were attached to the top of the door and got locked into the rollers. The office that I used them in had 7 sets of 4 panels each and were used a lot without problems.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Johnson makes some good track for the price. It's just there to guide the wheel and stop the occasional idiot from pulling on it too hard. The hinges are what is going to make it feel solid or cheap. I'd probably put three hinges on each side to help with rigidity and alignment.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I was thinking about asking the same question. I hate bifolds, but in my new house I have one set of double bifolds that I can avoid. I would like to put the best hardware possible on them. Regardless of cost.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
I was thinking about asking the same question. I hate bifolds, but in my new house I have one set of double bifolds that I can avoid. I would like to put the best hardware possible on them. Regardless of cost.
Have you considered dual swing doors, bi-pass, pocket??? Why must they be bi-folds?

Someday I want to do a tambour roll up or side roll.

Tom

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I suggested bi pass.................She's dead set on bi folds. :tongue_smilie:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts