Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I don't like to kiss and tell in regard to customers who are real idiots but this one took the cake.

Check my cell phone for messages on the job a few days ago, it's my granite fabricator telling me to call him ASAP and he sounds pissed. I call him and ask him what's up and by the way where the hell is your template guy at, he was supposed to be here 2 hours ago? Tells me "My guy just got back to the shop, he was there on time, your customer wouldnt let him in the house." So I go find the customer, ask him about it, he tells me:

"Oh was that who that was? I thought he was selling magazines so I told him I didn't want any."

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
When I was in college I got a job to remove wallpaper and paint a kitchen. The first day we got there we used DIF to remove the paper but it had that fabric mesh behind it and it wouldn't come free. We both had tests the next morning so we decided to work on it the next day.

When we got back the next day we found out that the lady of the house felt bad for us and decided to "help us out". She primed the walls and sealed in the mesh. We sanded for about two hours before finally giving up.
We had to float all the walls and then paint.

At least we were working by the hour :eek:

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
That's is funny, but I don't put it all on the customer yet. Was:

-The customer informed that the template man would be coming over that morning?
-The template man thorough in his explanation on why he was there?
-The template man a scary looking bastard, and perhaps the owner was afraid to let him in the house, and just gave you that magazine selling story?

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mdshunk said:
That's is funny, but I don't put it all on the customer yet. Was:

-The customer informed that the template man would be coming over that morning?
-The template man thorough in his explanation on why he was there?
-The template man a scary looking bastard, and perhaps the owner was afraid to let him in the house, and just gave you that magazine selling story?
The customer asked that morning if I was installing the granite that morning. I replied :"No it has to be templated first then fabricated. The templater said he would be here at 10:00 am to do the measure. " By the way this conversation happened about 9:00 am.

According to his boss and the templater himself when he showed back up at 1:00 that day he told me he told the customer he was here to measure for the granite. He is from Ukraine, about 25, clean cut, speaks better English then most of the Mexican workers out here but does a thick accent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did an addition last yr. and had to go back for a small punch list. On this punch list is a discription of a light fixture that does not come to full brightness for a few seconds, so I call my electrictian and he tells me it is impossible. So sure enough I turn the light on and it takes 10 seconds to come to full brightness, so I take the bulb out and notice it is not the same bulb we installed, stick a new bulb in and flip the switch and what do you know the light comes on just like it is suposed to. I call the customer and ask her if she remembers replace the bulb with a long life bulb and how it works, I get a pause OOh Yaa I did is that what is wrong I put the wrong bulb in:eek: that was just one of many on that job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts