Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here, what better way to start than with a stupid question. I'm starting a pest control business as a side job until it's lucrative enough to pursue full time. I'm licensed and insured. Now for the stupid part. Year one I'll be using a backpack sprayer outside and B&G handheld inside, until I can afford a power sprayer. How do you transport water around with you for refills? Just any 100 gallon tank will do?

·
Registered
271 Posts
There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people.

Just kidding.

I'd keep it in a faucet, conveniently located on the wall, of course. That's how I fill a backpack. I've held it under there to fill it up countless times. Rarely is there no faucet here. That was when I worked for someone else and equipment like a five gallon bucket wasn't in the budget, neither was a bait gun. What I use is a 4 gallon square laundry detergent bucket that slides perfectly under the toolbox.

I bought a few 7 gallon water containers from Wal-Mart in the camping section to do termite jobs when there is no water available. They're pretty cheap.

A spray rig, or even tank just for water transfer, isn't hard to build or expensive. I've built all of mine. Tank, electric pump, hose, hose reel, that's about it. Some shut off valves, recirculation hose, various fittings, but it isn't too hard. I'm about to convert my rig to water transfer primarily and keep the reel separate and only haul it when I need it.

Get an extra nozzle for your backpack(in case you mess up and so you can have reach when needed) and then drill it out a little, goes much faster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.