Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
"Pro"
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm a student from the University of Akron majoring in construction engineering technology. I'm currently in my 4th year of the 5 year program and looking to start a co-op soon with a construction company.. A little background about myself, I started working construction when i was 14 as a laborer for my dad's excavating company. Did that until I attended a vocational program for building construction my junior and senior years of high school and got a job working for a small construction company doing remodeling work. During the school months I've mainly been doing small jobs for family and I just want to keep learning so I can have my own company one day... It's funny because I like the college program I'm in now and I've learned a lot...but when I grow up I think I'd rather be a carpenter or heavy equipment operator instead of an estimator or something similar to that :laughing:...I just can't see myself stuck in an office all day doing paper work and I'm much happier when I'm out working and building things and seeing my work at the end of the day...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts