Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was passing out flyers from my truck the other day when a storm grate collaped. I didn't know that could happen.
For all y21052ou guys who park on the side of the road,watch out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I dont know about sueing them but they certainly are liable for any damages and the bill for removal of the vehicle.
I didn't check where he lives, but, here in NY you can't sue a city or gov unless you tell them at least 24 hours in advance that there is a problem!

That being said, that sucks!:eek:

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Damn that sucks. I am doing the same thing you're doing - passing put flyers to drum up business. Hopefully you weren't stuck there for too long. How did you get out there?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was stuck about 2 hours. To bad I couldn't bill them for my time.The bad part was,I guess I was a little flustered and locked my keys inside when I went to look for the construction office.:laughing:
getting out was suprisingly easy. They just winched me out from the back.

·
Registered
685 Posts
a good "High Lift" jack is great for those situations, I have gotten out of several sticky situations using one, I keep one in my truck (threw out the OE jack)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
ray - The grate was likely a to be Clow grate. I don't think they import unless it is made to their standards.

fourcorner - Why did you post a photo showing you were driving on the wrong side of the road? You have provide some proof for the city pf that and to get their part from you, even though the grate should work the same in either direction. Most cities do not think much of "paper hangers" and out area bans them.

Reactions: RayGoerdt

·
Banned
917 Posts
I would have: Cranked the steering wheel to the left as far as possible goosed it in drive, then hit the brakes. Put it in reverse and jammed throttle while releasing brakes (still holding wheel to hard left). No way an old country boy (me) would get stuck on a city street. :no:

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I would have: Cranked the steering wheel to the left as far as possible goosed it in drive, then hit the brakes. Put it in reverse and jammed throttle while releasing brakes (still holding wheel to hard left). No way an old country boy (me) would get stuck on a city street. :no:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
178 Posts
If I asked really nicely, my wife would have just picked the front end up and moved it over. Then I'd have to buy her dinner. :whistling

1 - 17 of 17 Posts