Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to peel 80 l.f. of stucco off an 8' wall. I've done plenty of window/door cutouts, but this is the first time I've taken down a whole (BIG) wall of stucco. What's the best way to attack this -- cut it top to bottom every couple stud bays and take it down in manageable chunks? or just start ripping and break it up once it's down?

·
Designer/Contractor
5,280 Posts
I have to peel 80 l.f. of stucco off an 8' wall. I've done plenty of window/door cutouts, but this is the first time I've taken down a whole (BIG) wall of stucco. What's the best way to attack this -- cut it top to bottom every couple stud bays and take it down in manageable chunks? or just start ripping and break it up once it's down?
If you have a high volume air compressor you can chip it vertically every two to three bays and then pull it right down or if you don't mind the dust and the wear on the motor bearings you can do a similar thing with a carborundum blade on a rotary saw (like a Skilsaw) and then once again peel it off in big chunks. If you work behind it with crowbars or big pry bars sometimes you can really pull down big chunks but if they get too big they're hard to handle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts