Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Louisiana. We recently had Hurricane Ida come through and did have some damage to our home. It was minimal damage thankfully. Many shingles missing, broken windows, facia ripped off, damage to our garage door and damage to our stucco which is why I found you site.
My home was built in 2009. The home is mostly brick exterior with a front portion stucco. The stucco had held up beautifully.
After the hurricane, there is a large, vertical crack in a corner of the stucco. The crack seems quite large to me although I am not familiar with stucco cracks. There are also chips broken off in the front corner of the stucco.
From this vertical crack, there is also a hairline horizontal crack wrapping around the corner to the front. This crack seems to get larger by the day. The baseboards on the inside, sides of my front door started to swell with water the day after the hurricane so I am concerned water came in through this crack.
The crack, chips and wet baseboards are very obvious to see which is why I have noticed them. Is there anything else I should look for, that I should watch for or be aware of?
I have not had an adjusted out yet as they are backed up terribly with claims. This is my first home with stucco exterior so I have no idea what the correct remediation would be. The top wind gusts were 104 mph during this storm with highest sustained at 72. Would wind alone cause this crack or should I be concerned about possible shifting of the front area of my house?
I appreciate your time in advance. I wish I knew more about stucco as there will be contractors, insurers and remediation people that try taking advantage of people here. Being a single mom, I worry that will make me a target. I want to ensure I have as much knowledge as I can going into this process. I was not able to load my video so these are screen shots from the video
Plant Building Property Sky Window

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
let it dry ,nothing that needs immediate attention .find someone with building knowledge to look at it as a whole .how the whole house was effected . you will be fine .

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,297 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.