Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a estimator/project manager for a general contractor in New Jersey. We specialize in roofing and siding. I would like to start bidding stucco and eifs projects as well. I have a couple questions if anyone can help me out....

1. What should I be paying for materials per sq/ft for stucco and/or eifs?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Vendor
6,346 Posts
Contact your vendors to send you through the EIFS courses, learn the product, then get prices from your vendors and calculate a workable SqFt price (If there is such a thing, personally on anything other than a blank wall there is not).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Contact your vendors to send you through the EIFS courses, learn the product, then get prices from your vendors and calculate a workable SqFt price (If there is such a thing, personally on anything other than a blank wall there is not).

I have never in the last 6 years had material SqFt price match on any job.
I Always have supplier figure material.
Take the classes, get your hands dirty. Then you might be able to give a decent estimate on this product and not lose your shirt.

Figuring one now covering small farmhouse. 12 dressed windows, 2 doors, and carrying board down over 3 feet "painted block". House has lap siding.
Homeowner is looking for home to be better insulated and wants all of the house covered in 3" foam. Big bucks for a run down house that I wouldnt let my 3rd cousin live in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts