Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to tape a stress crack in a wall that was caused by movement. I have tried to re-tape it and ruberised spray. Neither one of them worked. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this and better ways to tape it.

Thank you

·
smartazz contractor
81 Posts
kingkdogg said:
I am trying to tape a stress crack in a wall that was caused by movement. I have tried to re-tape it and ruberised spray. Neither one of them worked. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this and better ways to tape it.

Thank you

stop the movement and it should stop cracking....real PIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cracks

:) try v shaping the crack then adding caulk then mudding over. caulk will stretch when the crack tries to come back. good luck!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
If this is a customers house express to them first that it is not caused by faulty drywall work (I hate taking the blame). Like the prior post said....stop the movement. Perhaps the frmaers left something off accidentally. Sometimes when ceiling joists are too long they need a little extra. NO drywall trick is gonna work here. Mayber temporarily. check to make sure the tape is even mudded. is the crack down the center or on both sides of the seam? In either case tear off the tape.Durabond the crack. Retape and finish. If that dont work......FRAMING

1 - 5 of 5 Posts