·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I've seen this in homes where the occupants burn alot of candles. I don't know the science behind it, but it seems the soot tends to migrate to those areas.

Reactions: parkers5150

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have read about the thermal conductor with metal studs but not with wood.
The strange thing is that it is not only on the exterior walls. Every wall in the house has this.
I will ask the customer about the candle burning angle.

Thanks to both replys

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Nope:no:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have read about the thermal conductor with metal studs but not with wood.
The strange thing is that it is not only on the exterior walls. Every wall in the house has this.
I will ask the customer about the candle burning angle.

Thanks to both replys
Doesn't have to be just candles....could be fireplace, wood burning stove, cigarettes or lack of maintenance (not painted in years and years)

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I think Loneframer must have had a girlfriend that liked candles burning when there were flames of passion.

How long did it take to figure out? I can see it now. Lone looking up and wondering wtf? Everytime I come over these lines are getting darker.:laughing:

Reactions: jkfox624

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I think Loneframer must have had a girlfriend that liked candles burning when there were flames of passion.

How long did it take to figure out? I can see it now. Lone looking up and wondering wtf? Everytime I come over these lines are getting darker.:laughing:
After she lit the 4th set of candles, it was obvious.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Was she burning them a long time? And often?
Did you notice if they were being burnt on the days you were not there?

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Was she burning them a long time? And often?
Did you notice if they were being burnt on the days you were not there?
No, but going back to the original post, while they were lit, I saw some strange stud shadows on the walls and ceiling.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
It's an upgrade paint. Tell your customer that this is special paint that lets them know where they can put nails/screws into studs to hang heavy objects.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts