Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an assortment of bungees and ratchet ties that I usually keep behind the driver's seat. They always end up in the tangled mess no matter how nicely I wrap them up or put them away, though. Any elegant solutions for this kind of stuff?

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
I always wrap my ratchet straps up and tape it with a few wraps of electrical tape.. this way they won't open up and tangle..

No real solution for storage. I too throw them behind the seat

Reactions: aptpupil

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
For bungee straps, I got nothing...but for ratchets, these are the steps I take:

- Seperate the 2 parts.

- Roll up the non-ratchet part into itself, with the hook in the middle.

- Use a hair tie to hold it together. (I tried to use rubber bands....FOOK them things, I went to the hair and makeup section and bought a package of hair ties...they don't break)

- The ratchet part just goes loose into the bucket with the other part.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I always wrap my ratchet straps up and tape it with a few wraps of electrical tape.. this way they won't open up and tangle..

No real solution for storage. I too throw them behind the seat
Wrap your ratchet straps around your hand, with like a 6 inch diameter hole in the donut, put your hand through the "donut" and grab some slack from the end and pull it through but not all the way through. Now pull the donut through the loop you pulled through and pull the end tight. This is also good for taking up slack when used to tie down also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts