Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some better ideas than this picture for how to stop crown in a situation where a first floor wall ends at a high open area as shown. Love this site. I've been a lurker for a while. Decided to jump right in. Hope that's OK with you guys!

~B

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
44,594 Posts
BESmithEnt said:
I need some better ideas than this picture for how to stop crown in a situation where a first floor wall ends at a high open area as shown. Love this site. I've been a lurker for a while. Decided to jump right in. Hope that's OK with you guys! ~B

You should head on down to the introductions and let us know a little bit about your business and what you do. Welcome by the way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all who have replied. I do agree that it would look better if it were stopped closer to the end. Fact is, I'm not a stranger to this stuff, but I've been pushing the pencil too long. I did some massive culling a while back and I'm just re-ramping my business. That means I get to go do it myself most of the time now. This is the kind of stuff that works best for me right now, AND I LIKE IT!!! I need less people to make it happen. Just gets hard for my old brain when it gets to the not so everyday stuff. I knew I was on the right track, but it helps to have some input from those in the know. Thanks again. I'll make a point of getting to the intro page and sharing a bit more about myself and my business ASAP.

~B

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I let the owner decide - always. Like playing the lottery, if I pick, I lose.

Flush is fine, the caulk paint detail - getting to look good not always so good. I'll leave it back just a little for a very fine bead of caulk. I hate face caulking, never looks right to me, but that's me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I let the owner decide - always. Like playing the lottery, if I pick, I lose.

Flush is fine, the caulk paint detail - getting to look good not always so good. I'll leave it back just a little for a very fine bead of caulk. I hate face caulking, never looks right to me, but that's me.
I entirely agree and would add that you should do some mock ups of the ends to put in place in order for the homeowners to actually see what you'll be doing. It always amazes me how far peoples perception can be from what you are describing.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
any number of those things can be done.. in really odd situations like that all you can do is play around and see what the client accepts

·
632 Posts
StrongTower said:
You could a 30-30-30 as well, but I personally like the 90 degree return, doesn't detract from the profile of the crown. I'm in the stopping just shy of the corner camp.
Do you have a better pic of the window detail?
Just curious how many pieces that is made of.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.