Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals).
Just popped in to say hi and give a bit of background information.

I am a Pro tile and stone contractor(in the business over 20 years) and located in Northern Minnesota.I do largely commercial work with some residential high end new construction/remodel projects across northern minnesota covering an area of approximatly 8-10,000 sq miles from the canadian border to the lake superior shores west to bemidji and south to brainerd/baxter area.I am centrally located in and around Grand Rapids.

I am also a moderator in one of the largest tile forums presently online(i understand the rules prohibit me from disclosing this site)and some of you may recognize my user name :)
I do my best to help both Pro's and Diyers get through projects and am heavily into continuing education on my part spending an average of 16-20 hours per week online teaching and learning.
I am looking forward to perusing this site as an additional knowledge bank knowing there is much to learn from any and all that will make me more successful in my chosen profession.
Not a day goes by that i dont at least make the attempt to learn something new and i have found that one never knows where that knowledge will come from.I have learned from the DIY er,the old veteran and the rookie alike.
Paying attention to everything that is said has taught me much but mostly its taught me that there is always so much more to learn.
Sharing of knowledge makes us all better which makes our entire industry better.I look forward to learning that which you are willing to teach and offer up help to those in need in area's where i specialize and can contribute.

You have a fine forum here for Pro's,I commend you in your efforts!! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the fray Todd, hope you enjoy your stay. I think you'll find this to be a pretty friendly place, just like JB's site. :D

I thought you folks would enjoy this site and I have found it to be a treasure trove of knowledge. Nathan has indeed created a fantastic place for pros here.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Welcome.

This site is the best, I am sure you will find out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
welcome T G T,
nice to have you aboard... the snows just finished this week in nny how about n minnesota?
Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Dan, we still have some piles here and there.The rivers are opening up and the maple sap is running.
I was in Baxter last week(90 miles south) and they had no snow left.
The birds are back as are the waterfowl so other than a freak blizzard we may just make it to spring yet :)

OK time to get to work.....have a great day everyone

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome to the site and what's snow?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bill_Vincent Geez, it looks like the Whole John Bridge gang is moving over here!!

Hey Todd!

Housedocs-- see what you started?
Bill,

I thought some of you folks might find this an interesting diversion and surely you occasionaly deal with other things beside mud. :cheesygri It amazes me how few other contractors in my area have any web or computer knowledge at all. Other than cad programs maybe. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts