1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
i love stones

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Thanks, when the owner wants the best and is willing to pay for it. This what he gets. It does cost more to do it this nice.

You bet it does ! It does not get any better than that ! Beautiful job,nice tight joints.

·
Nouveau Eccentric
2,088 Posts
Yeah, string line. I do lay out with a laser, but that's it......and don't buy the hot pink string. The dye comes off in your hands every time you use it. :rolleyes:
Must of been a bad batch, I haven't found that to be the case...
Although the few pieces I have left are quite old, maybe I just don't remember.

Oh well, carry on,
D.

·
mason contractors
487 Posts
Thanks, when the owner wants the best and is willing to pay for it. This what he gets. It does cost more to do it this nice.
Nice wall save....lol [just like my porch save]

Very nicely done Karl! a bricky's dream stone though..we as newbies used to fight over them in the pile!
Rather I always admired the artistry and skill level it takes to lay irregular large stone / pitched face belly-ed or larger block cut granite with stips mixed ie. sq. and rec with some stips.

ps don't smooth the mortar over the already laid stones..[it's a bricky's trait]the old timers hated it..they called it "puttering around" ...instead plaster then drag....the next stone sticks like hell in the morning!

Now I'm really blackballed...lol oh well

ps alot of dry look is falling apart in the northeast here gotta watch chip lift and partial bonding ....water loves both!

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
To see imperfect material make perfectly straight lines is true artistry man. Great work!:thumbsup:

F***ing a man......just awesome.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts