Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres some stonework I helped some guys out on. Full masonry fireplace with natural field stone on the inside, but fake stone on the outside.
Im the guy on the right with the glasses on.

There was a lake 100' from this house and we set tip-ups up in the morning and watched for flags threw peep holes in the poly tent while we were working. We ended up pulling up 2 smallmouth about 15-16". Catch and release.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,624 Posts
Looks great 6, please tell me that last picture wasn't taken yesterday...Snow?!?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,624 Posts
I was going to give you my condolences if it was :laughing:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Are those bulk bags of mud sitting in the fore ground of the picture? Did you guys have a silo on site? I have yet to see a residential contractor use the bulk bag/silo set up.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are those bulk bags of mud sitting in the fore ground of the picture? Did you guys have a silo on site? I have yet to see a residential contractor use the bulk bag/silo set up.
No silo. Just regular type N bags.

We get silos on residential once in awhile up here. I havent personally, but some of the larger mason contractors do for the BIG houses.

·
Registered
909 Posts
6string, I'd say that would be a decent job for any January or February around here, especially this last winter. We didn't have any work last winter, much less interior work. What is the firebox, a Cozyheat/Vestal/Dutch masonry insert?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Your tender has a sweatshirt on. You must not be working him hard enough.
The rake looks like a pain at the top, having to miter the back of the stone to meet the ceiling, yet you guys have some bigger stone up there. Nice work.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Good Job Troy,

Stonework looks nice, but what I really like is that house. I need to get some work going down here so I can build one of those in about 50 years. Fun project.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts