Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is my dilemma. I have a state-owned manager's residence at a wildlife management area. The old vinyl was put on in the late 70s and is so brittle, a fly can break it. I am replacing all the siding with new Mastic siding but the porch isn't the way I want it. If I do siding on the porch, I will have to use utility on the bottom instead of a starter piece to keep my courses right. It looks UGLY. So I have decided to stone the porch (it is covered by 6' of overhang. Now my problem is the outside corner meeting the vinyl. Do I install a vinyl corner post and butt the stone to it after I put metal lathe over tar paper or do I wrap the corner with stone veneer and start with a piece of J channel? I have a brake and coil stock, so whatever flashing is needed is not a problem. I just want the best look possible and know which way I am going before I start. I have already torn off all the old coil stock on the windows and transition between the soffit and walls. They covered original crown moulding with the brown metal. This house was (is) ugly, hopefully I can change that.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
have the stone wrap around,i like to go 8-12''install a 5/4 x3 piece of pvc you can either j to that or rabbet it out 3/4'' and slide the siding into that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts