Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No Problem I have two of them already and they work just fine as long as your not in a wheel chair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Metal is something new to me. I have been using it for the past two years building five plex housing units for the Nunavut government and I would have to say they are really nice. Me and my helper can frame the entire intirior of a 900sqft two bed one bath appartment in 9 hrs including coffee breaks. Once you get the hang of them it is really easy. I will post some pics soon. We are using 16gu. Structural members for the intirior as it is a public housing complex. we are even using 5/8 Abuse Ressistant drywall on everything. This place is a tank of a building. Get this, the fire walls seperating each unit is it's own 2x6 wall with a 1 1/2 space in between each wall. We are using Roxul insulation so that is two layers of R22 plus one layer of R7 so a total of R51 on the fire walls, R40 in the ceiling and floors and R29 on extirior walls. This is one of the most expensive buildings I have ever seen for cost of matirials, for the size of the place.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts