Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone.

We have a local pool company that is verbatium, stealing our advertising " WORD FOR WORD " plugging in their name / website / phone in their advertising.

Is this considered stealing content or likeness ?

Our AD

" Magic Pool Services is Central Florida's Leader in Residential Pool Cleaning, Repairs and Installations.

Our Experienced Professionals Provide:

Weekly Pool And Spa Service
Weekly Chemical Service
Green To Clean Service

We Service The Orlando Metro Area

Orlando - Winter Park - Lake Mary - Longwood - Altamonte Springs - Matiland Apopka - Oveido - Winter Springs - Bay Hill -
Windermere - Clermont - Fern Park -Wekiva Springs - Azalea Park - Union Park - Doctor Phillips - Winter Garden

Visit our website at http://www.magicpoolservices.com

Contact us today at 407------- for a Free Estimate. "

Their AD

" SunBelt Pool Services is Central Florida's Leader in Residential Pool Cleaning.
Our Experienced Professionals Provide:

Weekly Chemical Service
Green To Clean Service

We Service The Orlando, Central Florida Areas:

Orlando, Winter Park, Lake Mary, Longwood, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, Apopka, Oviedo, Winter Springs, Fern Park, Casselberry, and Sanford.

Contact us today at 407---- ---- for a Free Estimate "

Please need your feedback on this one.....

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
There is absolutely nothing you can do unless....

the company using your layout is using your pictures, a registered slogan, or a registered statement that is unique and catchy. And I don't have the slightest clue regarding you you copy protect a slogan.

An ex-employee, living across the street from my shop, is using my exact ad layout and his business is smoking. There is nothing I can do.

Just my street corner opinion.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Nope there's not a thing you can do. I had a similar situation here with a low life competitor a while back. He was using my slogan. To combat it, I trademarked it. You can't really do that in this case. Maybe a strong cease and desist letter from a law firm will scare him, but I doubt it.

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

I will contact our attorney on Monday.

I spoke to my friend in law school, and I can ask him nicely to stop or I will be forced to take legal action.

He also said imidation is the biggest form of flattery, and people who are desperate will do what ever it takes.

·
Banned
215 Posts
NOTHING you can do!

What the hell did they copy that was original or copy-written?

those are a list of services and locations they took from you... you don't own the services or the areas!

It sucks but you have no case. it would be different if you had a slogan and you trademarked the Slogan or logo even typecast lettering. but what you wrote here is nothing! it's silly to even try.

·
Banned
215 Posts
All this tells me is that "Magicpools" is thin skinned!

For a company that uses a similar font as the Magic kingdom!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Those are just words.
Stealing art work photos logos etc. is probably different.
The first thing I thought of when I saw your logo is "Mickey"s gonna be pissed!"

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOTHING you can do!

What the hell did they copy that was original or copy-written?

those are a list of services and locations they took from you... you don't own the services or the areas!

It sucks but you have no case. it would be different if you had a slogan and you trademarked the Slogan or logo even typecast lettering. but what you wrote here is nothing! it's silly to even try.

You are probally right, but I spoke to my attorney and he thinks we can file an injunction.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Yeah and:

"Our Experienced Professionals Provide:

Weekly Chemical Service
Green To Clean Service "

is a blatant violation of what exactly?

You sir, are a schmuck and your "lawyer" is an ambulance chaser! you deserve each other on this one ... let us know how it turns out! LOL!

·
Banned
215 Posts
"Its an Adobe Illustrator font, and public domain."

so .... it's just a coincidence that the word Magic is in Disneys' font!?

You didn't Copy some one Else's marketing?

Magic pools, "where pools come blue"

sounds like...

Disneyland, "Where dreams come true"

I have no respect for you hypocrites!

"I'm calling my lawyer!" "my lawyer is filing an injunction!"
Call it off and admit to your mistake or forever be a schmuck!

·
Banned
215 Posts
I dunno what you mean fella, but if you are calling me a liar communist pig ... well them is fightin' words!

:laughing:

·
Banned
215 Posts
Don't try to cover for magic ... he has been lurking at my comments, he just knows I punched his ticket, and if I'm right that he is such a marketing whore that he's thinking "damn this thread will come up in my search engine results! how can I get it removed?"

... well buddy you brought it on yourself, try and tell me where i'm wrong and I'll apologize for all my poignant observations.

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't try to cover for magic ... he has been lurking at my comments, he just knows I punched his ticket, and if I'm right that he is such a marketing whore that he's thinking "damn this thread will come up in my search engine results! how can I get it removed?"

... well buddy you brought it on yourself, try and tell me where i'm wrong and I'll apologize for all my poignant observations.

When did these forums become so hostile ?

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah and:

"Our Experienced Professionals Provide:

Weekly Chemical Service
Green To Clean Service "

is a blatant violation of what exactly?

You sir, are a schmuck and your "lawyer" is an ambulance chaser! you deserve each other on this one ... let us know how it turns out! LOL!

Intellectual Property.

·
Banned
215 Posts
no.

it's not intellectual property, it's not smart enough.

and you can't admit it's hypocritical to cry about copyrights, while you imitate a huge corporation's marketing .... really.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.